How can I improve IVS Auto-Tracking?

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would like suggestions on how I can improve IVS Auto-Tracking with my SD52C225U-HNI Dahua PTZ. I currently just have "Auto Track" enabled under PTZ settings. I've attached a video of people walking on the sidewalk which ends up with the PTZ focusing on the tree on the left.

How do I improve the auto-tracking to follow the people & focus closer to them?

upload_2018-5-4_11-38-16.png

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
You are not setting up IVS under intelligence auto track.
You need to goto>event>IVS> (if that cam has it )

1. create a rule, + (don't forget the parameter setup - period = time)
2. click -draw rule
3. draw the boundaries onto image - the area you want to detect with auto track
4. click- draw target
set the target size---(you draw a square box on the image for max and min object size)
5. save the settings

You can draw your boundary so it does not include the tree.

Play around with the target size to improve zoom, and with drawing the rule. (many use a zigzag pattern instead of a straight line - see end of driveway)

You can have more than 1 rule at once.

You may want to shut off intelligence auto track while using the IVS rules, but you don't have to. The intelligence auto track does NOT flag your NVR under IVS if you are recording to it.

ivs.JPG

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are not setting up IVS under intelligence auto track.
You need to goto>event>IVS> (if that cam has it )

1. create a rule, + (don't forget the parameter setup - period = time)
2. click -draw rule
3. draw the boundaries onto image - the area you want to detect with auto track
4. click- draw target
set the target size---(you draw a square box on the image for max and min object size)
5. save the settings

You can draw your boundary so it does not include the tree.

Play around with the target size to improve zoom, and with drawing the rule. (many use a zigzag pattern instead of a straight line - see end of driveway)

You can have more than 1 rule at once.

You may want to shut off intelligence auto track while using the IVS rules, but you don't have to. The intelligence auto track does NOT flag your NVR under IVS if you are recording to it.

View attachment 29199
Thank you so much for this! I will give it a try & report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Would like suggestions on how I can improve IVS Auto-Tracking with my SD52C225U-HNI Dahua PTZ. I currently just have "Auto Track" enabled under PTZ settings. I've attached a video of people walking on the sidewalk which ends up with the PTZ focusing on the tree on the left.

View attachment 29196

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
jmcu and CameraGuy, thank you both for your information. This is timely post cause I should be getting my D59225u-hni in the next week or two. So all this above is set in the camera. Now what do I do in Bi? Currently I am only recording if the motion detection in Bi is tripped. So how is this going to work within Bi? I suppose set up detection as usual, and either something changing in the video picture as in the past will trip the trigger. Or if the camera moves will make it look like something in the video has changed?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
jmcu and CameraGuy, thank you both for your information. This is timely post cause I should be getting my D59225u-hni in the next week or two. So all this above is set in the camera. Now what do I do in Bi? Currently I am only recording if the motion detection in Bi is tripped. So how is this going to work within Bi? I suppose set up detection as usual, and either something changing in the video picture as in the past will trip the trigger. Or if the camera moves will make it look like something in the video has changed?
Blue iris has better motion detection so if the ivs is triggered you can bet the bi motion detection will also be triggered in my experience

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, have had it up for a few days (working on a laminate floor project, not much time for playing). I came back here to review the above advice for setting up detection and target zones. I see that my SD59225u-hni web interface is different than either jmcu or Cameraguy's. I dont see an ivs option under events. Only video, audio, alarm, or one other option. I checked via the Webui for upgrades, but told it is the latest and greatest from November last year.

I do have a IVS available via SmartPSS under events and intelligent Analyse. So, I go through the steps and then try to save it. I get an error about not being able to save global settings, or also something about not finished saving detection. My gut feeling is might have to do with exclusion zone. Which I find I can not create a boxed area.

Any idea of how I can get a webui that looks like either jmcu or Cameraguy's interface?

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, have had it up for a few days (working on a laminate floor project, not much time for playing). I came back here to review the above advice for setting up detection and target zones. I see that my SD59225u-hni web interface is different than either jmcu or Cameraguy's. I dont see an ivs option under events. Only video, audio, alarm, or one other option. I checked via the Webui for upgrades, but told it is the latest and greatest from November last year.

I do have a IVS available via SmartPSS under events and intelligent Analyse. So, I go through the steps and then try to save it. I get an error about not being able to save global settings, or also something about not finished saving detection. My gut feeling is might have to do with exclusion zone. Which I find I can not create a boxed area.

Any idea of how I can get a webui that looks like either jmcu or Cameraguy's interface?

Thanks
Make sure you have Smart Codec turned OFF, it disables IVS when on.
Don't depend on SmartPSS to do things right. Best to stick with the cameras webgui for any setup changes.

9mmkungfu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for these tips. I'm going to be messing with my SD59225U-HNI this weekend and wanted to play around with the tracking functions as well.

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, looks like there is still some improvements I can do to the tracking. My situation is that I have a "S" curve in the road that is near the head of our dead end road. Had no problem setting up the detection box to enclose the "S". But the target is a bit more tricky. There are some trees with leaves that shimmer in the breeze. And I want to trip on cars coming and going. So I am going to play around and see if I can figure out how to make two target boxes. One for in bound and one for out bound. Otherwise I am sure one of you who have been around for awhile will be able to give me some pointers. Oh, BTW I am getting decent results using the Tripwire vs Detection setting.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, looks like there is still some improvements I can do to the tracking. My situation is that I have a "S" curve in the road that is near the head of our dead end road. Had no problem setting up the detection box to enclose the "S". But the target is a bit more tricky. There are some trees with leaves that shimmer in the breeze. And I want to trip on cars coming and going. So I am going to play around and see if I can figure out how to make two target boxes. One for in bound and one for out bound. Otherwise I am sure one of you who have been around for awhile will be able to give me some pointers. Oh, BTW I am getting decent results using the Tripwire vs Detection setting.
Post some screen shot of your ivs setup.. then we can maybe give some ideas

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I know its usually easier to set the entire screen as the detection area, but when you have trees and leaves that shimmer in the breeze, its probably best to draw around these objects to minimize on false alarms. Same applies to prone areas where animals like to play

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Arjun, that is just what I have done with the detection area. I have excluded all trees. But hoping to catch the deer who cross the road in the area that I am also watching for cars entering our dead end street.
@Cameraguy Will do in a few days. I am in the middle of putting in a new laminate floor. Being an old man with bad knees I am taking my time with this project. LOL

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 29196
I have been playing with tracking more this week.. i have found increasing the cameras contrast to 60-65 seems to have improved my experience

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I loved Windows XP. This windows 10 is going to be the death of my Laptop. Ok, been very busy with this renovation of the back room. Getting old is hell on back and knees. Ok, I think I have a few screen shots, if there are other screens you want to see, let me know what they are. Well that didnt work out as I had hoped. When clicking on the icon to the right of the smiley face, it ask for an URL. Not really sure how to do this. LOL

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I loved Windows XP. This windows 10 is going to be the death of my Laptop. Ok, been very busy with this renovation of the back room. Getting old is hell on back and knees. Ok, I think I have a few screen shots, if there are other screens you want to see, let me know what they are. Well that didnt work out as I had hoped. When clicking on the icon to the right of the smiley face, it ask for an URL. Not really sure how to do this. LOL
Click upload file to the right of post reply

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
You got to be kidding? LOL So simple and caveman can do it. Yet I choked on it. LOL
If this was my set up this is what i would try..
Both intrusion boxes
Appears and cross
Track time 300 secs
Record 60 secs
Both with enter and exit option
Max target - 4350x4600
Min target 300x800

Camera - conditions - picture : set contrast to 70
Camera - conditions - focus and zoom : zoom speed 30
Its hit or miss and no situation is identical obviously. Tjese are some of the settings that work for me.. Good luck

Attachments

Last edited: