How Assign IP when Camera is out of IP Range?

rkruz3

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this inexpensive camera (KingKong Smart). With that comes little or now support. THe IP finder software on a CD that came with the camera was broken in 1/2 (replacement CD also broken).
MY NVR actually finds the camera at 192.0.0.109. The camera wont allow the NVR to change the IP address. My LAN is 192.168.0.1.
Any idea how to get the KingKong Smart camera IP assigned to my LAN without using their software?
THanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any idea how to get the KingKong Smart camera IP assigned to my LAN without using their software?
Temporarily change the PC IP address to be in the range as used by the camera, such as 192.0.0.200 , then access the camera web GUI (I'm assuming it has one - almost all do), log in and change the camera IP address in the network configuration pages.

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this inexpensive camera (KingKong Smart). With that comes little or now support. THe IP finder software on a CD that came with the camera was broken in 1/2 (replacement CD also broken).
MY NVR actually finds the camera at 192.0.0.109. The camera wont allow the NVR to change the IP address. My LAN is 192.168.0.1.
THanks!
Do you happen to know the factory log in user Nd pw for that camera I just got one with no paperwork

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe those cameras also come with no authentication required, so leaving them blank probably gets you in as well.

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe those cameras also come with no authentication required, so leaving them blank probably gets you in as well.
Yeah hooked it up to my router and logged in thru config tool and showed up just fine reset password and made sure everything was right but soon as I hook it up to the Dahua NVR it will not go online just says something like timed out or some junk tried private and onvif and still nothing but can view via web browser thru config tool and hikvision tools from wiki page just fine with admin plus new password i made for it

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@erieadams

If the camera is hooked up the to NVR POE ports, they are on a completely different subnet, then your home network. The NVR has the port the camera is plugged into configured to a specific IP address. The address (last byte) maybe change in some NVRs, but not the subnet (first 3 bytes). The username and password must match the NVR.

This is the reason that it is strongly recommend to not mix manufactures on NVR and cameras., use one manufacture. The money saved will be wasted in time spent getting it to work.