How 2 use BI to convert some old bvr file to mp4?

raytravel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Asked before but not answered.
How do I configure BI to convert some older bvr files to mp4??
Can I do it without disturbing current recording/moving/converting configuration?
Instantly or scheduled?

Thanks,
Ray

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe there's an easier way, I don't know.. But if it were me, I'd throw it in one of the folders you have set for BI to store stuff, Alerts, Stored, whatever.. Then rebuild your database, look for the old footage there then do what you need to - don't forget to remove it from that folder when you're done if space is an issue.

raytravel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks,
That is the answer I was looking for.
I assume the BI license is transferable from one machine to another??
I want to buy another license to test software/hardware before I do another installation.
Thanks,
Ray

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks,
That is the answer I was looking for.
I assume the BI license is transferable from one machine to another??
I want to buy another license to test software/hardware before I do another installation.
Thanks,
Ray
They are transferable but you need to disable them on the old machine before activating on the new machine.

Also, have you tried just putting the files on a thumb drive and double click them to see if BI opens them up? I'd imagine if they do open, you could just export them in the appropriate format back onto whatever driver they were originally on.

raytravel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Normally I would leave off old machine and disconnect from internet until I verified it worked on new machine then I would do a win7 program delete.
Is there a procedure other than that?
Hoping I can take those files from installed machine I need to convert and do that on new machine/license.
Trying to learn all I can before I modify old install or do another one.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to deactivate the license in the options window (while connected to the internet). Then you can activate somewhere else.