house diagrams - how to create them?

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey All,

I see many folks use house blueprints/diagrams to determine where to place the cameras and post their project plans, etc. here for experts to get advice from.

I don't have a blueprint of my house. what app/software can I use to create one?
Is this something that just needs to be done the old fashion way by simply using a measuring tape and draw on paper, etc? Just looking for some tips if anything existing (like, google maps) can be leveraged to help speed things along.

Ideally, some freeware, etc. would be great but if I have to purchase a specific software, I am open to that, hoping its not anything like autocad

thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey All,

I see many folks use house blueprints/diagrams to determine where to place the cameras and post their project plans, etc. here for experts to get advice from.

I don't have a blueprint of my house. what app/software can I use to create one?
Is this something that just needs to be done the old fashion way by simply using a measuring tape and draw on paper, etc? Just looking for some tips if anything existing (like, google maps) can be leveraged to help speed things along.

Ideally, some freeware, etc. would be great but if I have to purchase a specific software, I am open to that, hoping its not anything like autocad

thanks.
Hi @xmfan

You can just use the ipvm calculator - which will use a satellite photo

also you can try
Google Drawings - create diagrams and charts, for free.