HooToo HT-IP211HDP and Blue Iris

vrop

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this camera working for about three weeks with no problem. Then the IP address changed when I had to reboot the wireless router (Netgear R7000). I changed the IP address in Blue Iris, reconfigured the camera, Blue Iris found it as a model IP210, but I keep getting the error no signal HTTP: 404 not found. I have reset camera to factory default settings, checked the password in Blue Iris, etc. I can view the camera in IE browser and in the IP client software, but I want to control all my cameras from Blue Iris. I would appreciate any help you can suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
make sure the user name and password are correct...double check the ip address and PORTS...

vrop

n3wb
Reaction score
I reset the factory default user and pw to admin, and entered same in BI. I used the browser and my Netgear router to verify IP and made sure ports all match (port 80). Still get the error
Update 12/4: I realized my QNAP server uses port 80, so I changed port for HooToo camera to 1024 in accordance with manufacturer recommended port range. Reset port number in BI, still get the same error.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bi have two port numbers to enter...the http port and the rtsp/media port..generally video is only passed through one of them...make sure you have both correct..they are not both the same...

vrop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, fenderman. I have the RTSP set at 554, which is what is specified by the manufacturer, and BI finds this port when I press the inspect button. I have the http port set at 1024, which is also within the range specified by HooToo for this camera. For some reason, HooToo camera doesn't support port 81, which BI seems to like; they go from 80 to a range beginning with 1024. So I think I have verified everything is correct, but still get the not found error. Very frustrating, since it was connected for over a week the first time I hooked up this camera. The only change I am aware of is the changed IP address from my router, which I updated in BI. I can view the camera in IE and IP Client software using the updated IP and port numbers, just not BI. I'm really baffled on this one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, instead of hootoo 210 from the drop down select the other hootoo..if that doesnt work, then go through the list of foscams..
the 210 is an mpeg camera, this camera supports h.264 which you should be using..

vrop

n3wb
Reaction score
Fantastic! I selected the Foscam F186xx compatible, and everything seems to be working. Thanks so much for your advice.