Hooking up router LAN to NVR POE port causes NVR to hang when searching for camera

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My battle with getting email alerts from camera behind the 7108 NVR continues...

I thought of a simple solution which proves to work but not with side affects. I took a spare router, assigned it with the IP address of the NVR POE scheme 192.168.254.254, disable DHCP on its LAN, hook up the WAN port to the LAN of the main router then hooked up the LAN to the NVR POE port.

internet and everything works fine behind this router. I was able to get the cameras to send email alerts by setting the cameras on the NVR to manual then provide a static IP to each camera with the 192.168.254.254 as the gateway. However, if I reboot the NVR the cameras will not come back on its own if the router is attached as it's coming up and if I try to click on the "Camera configuration" the NVR would hang. Web interface still response at this time.

However, as long as the NVR picks up all the cameras prior to me plugging in the router things seems to work as it should. I've only had it set up this way for a couple hours. For now it's a work around but definitely not the solution I want. :sad2: