Hook NVR to PC to Watch Cams?

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys-
New to this forum- first post! I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/8P NVR, and several Hikvision cameras. I want to hook up the NVR in the same room as my main computer and be able to watch any of the cameras via my main PC as needed (ie- not use a monitor/mouse hooked up off the NVR itself). Is there a way to run a separate network cable from the NVR directly to my PC to do this? I'd prefer not to run it through the internet, if it's possible- but will settle for that option if I need to. I DO have a 2nd NIC on my PC if I need to use that.

What's the best way to set this up? Sorry for the newbie questions...

Thanks guys!

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just log onto the NVR via your local ip address for it... 192.168.xxx.xxx

I have a system setup with no Internet service at all. NVR is hidden in a closet. Use a laptop to access it all the time.

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the newbie questions here- but that would mean using internet to access it? ie- it'd use my internet bandwidth? Or, is there a way to connect directly between PC and NVR? Oh- just re-read what you said... so essentially, I am connecting the NVR to my router, router will assign an IP, and then I can login via my browser by that specific IP address... am I on the right track?

Thanks!

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. You will connect via your Lan. You will not be using any bandwidth.

Plug nvr into router. Let router set a ip address for you or assign a static address. Connect using that address. Like I said above. I have a nvr and cameras setup out in the middle of nowhere without any kind of Internet. I connect using the Lan address of the nvr. On my nvr it is 192.168.1.100

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome. I'll hook it up and give it a shot today. thanks!