HK cam and milestone

militarymedic23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having an issue trying to get cameras on a milestone schedule whilst using the built in motion on the cameras. For this one scenario It's a HK camera with built in motion. 2cd2332. I already have this and other cams setup for xprotect to see a hardware event of motion start and motion stop. For the other cameras it works great to just record on event motion 24/7.
With this certain camera, I would like to have it set to only record on event during certain hours (0000-0600, 0800-1600, 2200-0000). I've tried creating a custom schedule for the camera to be online during those times, but it still records on the off times. Also tried setting up an event based schedule, same result.

With no headway in sight, I wanted to ask others what setup they have used to achieve a similar setup like what I'm trying to do? Hopefully I could reproduce suggested setup steps and actually get this working!

kheiney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
log into the camera and go to the motion detection configuration page. You can set a schedule there of when motion detection is enabled. Now the camera will only send the motion alarms when you want :)

upload_2017-3-29_15-39-39.png

militarymedic23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I had set a schedule in the camera but it doesn't seem to stick. Go back in and it's back to the 24/7 schedule. When I searched for that issue on google i came across others who noted a glitch with the camera based schedules.

Just before you posted this reply , one of the milestone tech reps pointed out that the pro level products can't mix hardware based detection events with schedules, only software based motion detection. The advanced line or whatever that next bracket of xprotect, like enterprise can do it.
So I at least know it's not my config, but I would like to figure out how to make the camera based schedule stick.