Hilook cameras dropping out when NVR is connected to router.

LMN79

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Hilook NVR-108MH-C/8P that is brand new and was a replacement for my last Hilook NVR that stopped working recently (same model).
I never had any problems with the first NVR but this one has several issues, the main issue being that when I plug it into my router within minutes (sometimes it can be an hour or 2) cameras start going offline saying 'network is unreachable'.
It mainly does this to the same 2 Uniview cameras but on occasion has also affected my Hilook cameras too.
It usually does this to 1 camera at a time but there has been a few times when it has been 2.
They will go off for a few minutes and then come back on and the cycle repeats until I unplug the NVR from the router and everything is fine.
Sometimes however they will not come back on until I unplug/plug the affected camera from the NVR.
The company I bought the NVR from have not been very helpful and are now not replying to me and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the issue is.

I have 5 cameras all 2MP plugged direct into the NVR.
2 x Hilook
2 x Uniview
1 x Hiwatch

I have visually checked all connections at the NVR and the cameras and tested the cables with a tester and everything checks out fine.
NVR and cameras have been reset to factory several times.
Cabling is cat5e solid copper.
I have tried a new cable from the NVR to the router.
The NVR is not reporting any ip conflicts etc.

Can anyone offer any suggestions about this or point me in the right direction?

Any help is much appreciated.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could it be that the NVR's IP address or network settings is clashing with the camera's IP addresses?

LMN79

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought the same but not being too knowledgeable about this sort of thing I didn't want to start messing with settings and make things worse.
I did change the IP address of the NVR but it didn't help unfortunately.