Hikvison NVR DS-7716NI-E4/16P buying help

sun

n3wb
Reaction score
I am planning to install around 12-13 cameras in my house , after little research I get down to HIKVISION NVR DS-7716NI-E4/16P.
I am new to this surveillance thing , is this NVR is good for 24x7 operation.

I am just finding this NVR online and in aliexpress I found one NVR with exact specification as 7716 but brand name is not written
here is the link
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-NVR-16CH-Hikvision-network-hard-disk-video-recorder-CCTV-NVR-DVR-16CH-SATA-4/32314349274.html

Is this original or just another fake because its quite cheaper from other seller on aliexpress.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've bought half a dozen 2-series Hikvision cameras and 2 16ch Hikvision NVRs (7816N-E2) from CSST, all have been fine so far. I have another camera currently on order, to play with.
There seems to be nothing in the item description to suggest it's not as it seems.
Why don't you ask CSST directly?
Buyer protection on Aliexpress is quite robust - the seller won't get paid until you confirm receipt and are happy with the purchase, the payment is held in escrow.
Do you really think you need 4 HDDs? How much history do you want to hold?

*edit* Looking at the product description, the one you linked to is not PoE, its 16N-E4 only, not 16N-E4/16P

sun

n3wb
Reaction score
Right now I have 4 cams which are 3mo and planning to other cams of 3mp only.
We generally go out for 15-20 days , so require at leas 15-20 days of recoding.
Right now using a 7616 se edition without Poe , it's slow in synchronous playback.

Btw yes you are right it's without Poe , but I just doubted because they have not mentioned any model number or brand name.

One more thing do I really need Poe , my installer already installed a separate power cable for cameras.