Hikvisions newest Pro Series Hybrid cameras

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like Hikvision has a new line of cameras that incorporate an IR with a white light when needed, like the TIoc. But they are using the 1/1.8" sensor over the Tioc's 1/2.7".

The hybrid LED turret camera is really a game changer in my opinion. I don't want white lights all over the outside of my house at night, but I want the light when needed. I have a 2347 and I use schedules to drop the exposure speed to maintain a color image with my ambient light and turn on a white light with motion. It's not the perfect solution, but I can keep a faster exposure during the day and slow it down at night to maintain a color image until the white light turns on. Works pretty well with the 4MP 1/1.8" sensor.

Now we can keep the faster shutter speed with IR light and turn on the light when it detects motion, additionally have a strobe like the Tioc, not sure if it's colored or white though. My favorite part is having full 2 way audio through my vms with the ability for the vms to trigger any message I'd like.

Has anyone tried these? I'm having a real hard time finding info. You can order them in 4, 6 or 8 MP in 2.8 or 4mm. No varifocal. I'm hoping the 6MP will be a good compromise between dark performance and detail.

DS-2CD2367G2H-LISU/SL - Pro Series (All) - Hikvision

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Until one of these companies can perfect the elimination of the usual false triggers, I am not going to mess w cameras that turn on LEDs as it would drive me and the neighbors crazy to deal with that every time the trees sway or car headlights stream across the focal view and everything else that would make my house look like a disco ball. My 20 yr old security lights with the basic heat PIR sensors work the best and rarely trigger from anything other than me or an animal walking by...why can't this be standard functionality for sec cams?
I have seen some of the big box store brands advertise PIR or a combo of detection methods but no idea how well they work.

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
Until one of these companies can perfect the elimination of the usual false triggers, I am not going to mess w cameras that turn on LEDs as it would drive me and the neighbors crazy to deal with that every time the trees sway or car headlights stream across the focal view and everything else that would make my house look like a disco ball. My 20 yr old security lights with the basic heat PIR sensors work the best and rarely trigger from anything other than me or an animal walking by...why can't this be standard functionality for sec cams?
I have seen some of the big box store brands advertise PIR or a combo of detection methods but no idea how well they work.
I set up my Hik 2387g2 camera to monitor my car I park on the side of the garage. It's not active during the day unless my alarm is set, but is active every night and I get a text message every time it's triggered. So far I've gotten one false alarm on it, I adjusted my min and max and haven't received another sense. I have used other brands with IVA that are just a mess though. Digital Watchdog IVA is just garbage, but I haven't tried their new A cams yet. The LED is not incredibly bright. Mine plays a plays recorded message too and I would fix it or disable it if it was a nuisance.

You have to make sure you get ones with object detection, like human and vehicle. You also setup areas of intrusion, not the entire view.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know its a bit over the budget, but outdoor PIR/MW detector can be used to trigger alarm input of those cameras and then force recording based on alarm input, also triggering white light

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have tried intrusion and line cross (in BI), object size mins, etc. but when a car headlight, for example, sweeps by, the light change checks the boxes for a line cross or intrusion. Or a small moth or spider close to the screen is huge of course so it negates the object size settings. Seems there is always something that will negate the different rules. wiring in to alarm port triggers is probably a solid solution but too complicated, (for me),to mess with setup and running wires for sensors.
So I end up like I think a lot of folks, ignoring or turning off notifications and just using the cameras reactively, looking at footage randomly at a later time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many here have found the Dahua cams to do extremely well at eliminating false triggers. It's all I use now and rarely get a false trigger and some of my cams have never had a false trigger.

I am sure Hikvision is the same.

When it doesnt work it is usually either user error (not set up properly) or trying to do too much with the field of view.

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried intrusion and line cross (in BI), object size mins, etc. but when a car headlight, for example, sweeps by, the light change checks the boxes for a line cross or intrusion. Or a small moth or spider close to the screen is huge of course so it negates the object size settings. Seems there is always something that will negate the different rules. wiring in to alarm port triggers is probably a solid solution but too complicated, (for me),to mess with setup and running wires for sensors.
So I end up like I think a lot of folks, ignoring or turning off notifications and just using the cameras reactively, looking at footage randomly at a later time.
I understand and the certainly are better (more expensive) ai options out there. Additionally you can get something like a p8221 i/o module and avoid running additional wires to the camera. Especially nice if the cameras are done and you decide to use i/o's after. I use DW Spectrum and can only assume Blue Iris does the same, but you can program any action you'd like through the VMS as well, making it far easier to setup than always logging into the edge device. Just depends on budget and interest to spend the time to do it.

sensey3

n3wb
Reaction score
6Mpx (5.7 lol) is not a compromise, if you are going for night go 4Mpx, if you need extra details in daytime go for 8Mpx.

Overall new 2xxG2H cameras works well, but switching LED/IR depends on scenario, Ive encountered few times when big dogs were detected as human, also weather is problematic for MD 2.0 (heavy snow etc.), its troubling and most of the time im using IR. Of course Acusense event works better than only MD2.0, but not in all areas.

What i want, but didnt find in any cheap supplier, is switching to IR after alarm input event - which can be connected to third party light sensor/smart home that can be heavily configured (few sensors+ha+logic system), not some flashlight on my wall that shows area of detection to everyone.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like Hikvision has a new line of cameras that incorporate an IR with a white light when needed, like the TIoc. But they are using the 1/1.8" sensor over the Tioc's 1/2.7".

The hybrid LED turret camera is really a game changer in my opinion. I don't want white lights all over the outside of my house at night, but I want the light when needed. I have a 2347 and I use schedules to drop the exposure speed to maintain a color image with my ambient light and turn on a white light with motion. It's not the perfect solution, but I can keep a faster exposure during the day and slow it down at night to maintain a color image until the white light turns on. Works pretty well with the 4MP 1/1.8" sensor.
Be beware that 4Mpx 1/1.8" sensor which HIK is using in 2xxx (Value line, which now changed name to Pro) is not the same sensor which Dahua is using in 5xxx Pro line... I had chance to configure/see many HIK 2xxx cams with that sensor - and there is huge difference in dynamic/noise/ghosts comparing to newest Dahua 5xx2 s3...

Even if you look at specs there You will find that 4Mpx 1/1.8" 2xxx cams from HIK have WDR at 120db (sometime 130db). Dahua 5442/5449 always had 140db - which means totally different sensor (much cheaper).

If you want the same sensor, you need to watch at higher HIK lines like 5xxx or 7xxx.. Which are hardly available and very pricey.

Last edited:

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
6Mpx (5.7 lol) is not a compromise, if you are going for night go 4Mpx, if you need extra details in daytime go for 8Mpx.

Overall new 2xxG2H cameras works well, but switching LED/IR depends on scenario, Ive encountered few times when big dogs were detected as human, also weather is problematic for MD 2.0 (heavy snow etc.), its troubling and most of the time im using IR. Of course Acusense event works better than only MD2.0, but not in all areas.

What i want, but didnt find in any cheap supplier, is switching to IR after alarm input event - which can be connected to third party light sensor/smart home that can be heavily configured (few sensors+ha+logic system), not some flashlight on my wall that shows area of detection to everyone.
4MP is for night, 8MP is daytime detail....or a compromise of both....6MP.

It is very much a compromise. It should have more detail than a 4mp during the day and better night performance than a 8MP at night. You can flip it to worse detail during the day and worse night performance too. If that's not a compromise I don't know what is.

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
Be beware that 4Mpx 1/1.8" sensor which HIK is using in 2xxx (Value line, which now changed name to Pro) is not the same sensor which Dahua is using in 5xxx Pro line... I had chance to configure/see many HIK 2xxx cams with that sensor - and there is huge difference in dynamic/noise/ghosts comparing to newest Dahua 5xx2 s3...

Even if you look at specs there You will find that 4Mpx 1/1.8" 2xxx cams from HIK have WDR at 120db (sometime 130db). Dahua 5442/5449 always had 140db - which means totally different sensor (much cheaper).

If you want the same sensor, you need to watch at higher HIK lines like 5xxx or 7xxx.. Which are hardly available and very pricey.
Good info. I want some of the hybrid light tech and unfortunately Dahua only does that in their cheap TiOC cameras.

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Can you please expand more on this @steve1225 ?

I have a Hikvision 5526 from a couple of years ago and recently got a Dahua 5442-ZE-S3 ... the later appears to have noticeably better low light performance.

Anyone making a vari-focal camera with F/1.0 lens and (good!) 1/1.2" sensor?!? ;-)

xxHi-Fixx

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you please expand more on this @steve1225 ?

I have a Hikvision 5526 from a couple of years ago and recently got a Dahua 5442-ZE-S3 ... the later appears to have noticeably better low light performance.

Anyone making a vari-focal camera with F/1.0 lens and (good!) 1/1.2" sensor?!? ;-)
The older non hybrid 8mp Hik uses that sensor. But it's fixed lens.

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Expand which information exactly?
How would you compare the low-light performance of the Dahua 5442-ZE-S3 versus the 5526 and more recent 2/5/7xxxx cameras from Hikvision?

Also, the Dahua "H" series has an F/1.2 lens versus F1/.8 ... so the light gathering is 2X ... but otherwise sensor quality, etc. is similar?

Last edited: