Reaction score
There's at least a link or two higher up in the thread by a few people

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

freezercam

n3wb
Reaction score
from a reputable seller? I am concerned about avoiding firmware issues and having somewhere to actually send the things if they are defective. Willing to pay a slight premium for the comfort of knowing that I am actually getting what I paid for / it will work as expected or I can get my money back.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Contact @milkisbad on here. Better prices and better service for sure. Send him a PM, if service and ability to return and the like are important that is your best route.

Last edited by a moderator:

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm no help there as I only use PC based NVR software and have never used one of the standalone units at all. I need to buy the one in the classifieds here just for my own knowledge lol!

vtphilk

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015CF12CM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 I ordered the safeguard designs as the comment showed NewNew English retail Version>

If its not, I'll just send it back, I love amazon and no hassle returns. How can i verify its a english version?

I want to purchase 5 of these and this will be a test one to see if its legit english and if i like the performance. I have not been impressed with the hikvision firmware (Upset cannot get SNMP traps to work) but this will be for a residential install and they seem to have great image quality.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015CF12CM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 I ordered the safeguard designs as the comment showed NewNew English retail Version>

If its not, I'll just send it back, I love amazon and no hassle returns. How can i verify its a english version?

I want to purchase 5 of these and this will be a test one to see if its legit english and if i like the performance. I have not been impressed with the hikvision firmware (Upset cannot get SNMP traps to work) but this will be for a residential install and they seem to have great image quality.
200 is way to high of a price for that camera. Nellys has it for 165 (100% US region) http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/4-mp/hikvision-2cd2342wd-i-4mp-wdr-exir-turret-ip-security-camera-2-8mm.html
If you are going to pay 200 might as well buy from an authorized hikvision retailer http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1180267-REG/hikvision_ds_2cd2342wd_i_2_8mm_ds_2cd2342wd_i_4mp_indoor_outdoor_exir.html

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish we could save everyone from overpaying for these cams! Especially with our knowledge and vendors here with a fully warranted product.

vtphilk

n3wb
Reaction score
how quick does nellys usually get it shipped out? I'm just an amazon addict and love having things here in a day or two without leaving my office. Plus returns are easy if it stinks. But i see your point on BHphoto... For $40 less maybe i'll give nelly a try. My amazon shipment has already gone out the door but i'll closely inspect it for US region. Is there a tell-tale on the serial number or something?

I'm looking for a camera for my house that can pickup a license plate from about 35 ft yet also cover the driveway. I just purchased a few weeks ago the 3MP for a business datacenter monitoring camera so its 100% indoors and no IR needed. The picture on that is excellent so i imagine the 4MP will be a little better. From reading this post it seems the 4MP does much better in low light. Thanks for all your knowledge!

Now i just wish these had vari-focal lens so i could adjust the lense :(.

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if i were to buy 8 4mp cameras which nvr would you recommend from milk?
I would go for Hikvision NVR 7600 series (7616NI or 7608NI)

Have tried Synology as well as PC based software and nothing like a proper NVR

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have 2x of those DS2042 cameras, english fw v.5.3.3 and there is no flashing on Synology and there was no flashing on NVR 7616 with fw v3.0.13.

As soon as I have upgraded the fw on my NVR to v3.3.4 flashing has started.

I have both cameras connected to my Synology and NVR in the same time (not connected to built-in PoE switch in NVR) and the flashing issue only appears on NVR after fw upgrade.

Is there an official fix for this at all?

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Didn't know I can actually go back in fw version.

Are 4MP cameras fully supported?

Where can I download it from - for some reason can not log in to my HikVision account since few days...