Hikvision with Synology - camera motion detection settings (DS-2CD2012-I)

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently wanted to switch from using synologys surveillance center motion detection to 'camera motion detection', as I heard that is uses less processing. However when I do, nothing ever gets detected/triggered. Is there something I need to do in the Hikvision camera settings to get it to work with Surveillance center, or should I just be able to select the option from within Surveillance center and it should work?

Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...I believe you need to set the motion detection settings in the camera itself..you will have to enable it, set the detection areas and set the calendar so that its set to motion detect 24/7...

Reaction score
Many thanks for your fast response. I'm pleased I found this forum :).

I thought that I had those settings enabled:

Not sure if I should move this to the Hikvision forum or not, but does the above look correct?

Cheers

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good. I would disable "enable dynamic analysis" once you get everything working..and also lower the sensitivity (i assume you have it at 100 just for testing)..
I know very little about the synology SS setup process, so hopefully someone who has this implemented could chime in. but i believe in camera motion wont work if you are using the onvif driver...they have something called the PSIA which should work..
See http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37182
http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=79186

Reaction score
Cheers fenderman,

Hmm, these are the setting I have had all along, so I'm not sure what is going wrong then. I'm not using onvif or psia, because SS has its own specific driver/profile for the hikvision camera. Hmmm tricky.

Cheers

cigar7

n3wb
Reaction score
That doesn't look right. On the arming schedule, the dates and times that you want motion detection need to be green.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe its only green in the storage tab...not in the events tab.