Hikvision vs Dahua ?

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

Noob question here ,apologies if its been asked before

Which brand of camera (Hikvision or Dahua) is easiest to set up with BI for a complete beginner

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Noob question here ,apologies if its been asked before

Which brand of camera (Hikvision or Dahua) is easiest to set up with BI for a complete beginner
They are both pretty comparable and it's probably opinion. I personally think Hikvision is easier but I'm sure there are others here that prefer Dahua. They both come with software available in our Wiki to assist you with finding the cameras on your network and assigning them IP's. I just think SADP (Hikvision) is easier than SmartPSS (Dahua)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with Mike. In the initial setup and day-to-day usage, I can’t think of anything about either that makes them notably easier or harder than the other.

IMO in the past, Hikvision firmware updates have been more of a PITA to get a hold of. Part of that is because the forum here has a great Dahua vendor who makes getting Dahua updates easy. Now that the forum is selling Hikvision models, Mike mentioned it should be easier to get the Hikvision firmware. :)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Mike. In the initial setup and day-to-day usage, I can’t think of anything about either that makes them notably easier or harder than the other.

IMO in the past, Hikvision firmware updates have been more of a PITA to get a hold of. Part of that is because the forum here has a great Dahua vendor who makes getting Dahua updates easy. Now that the forum is selling Hikvision models, Mike mentioned it should be easier to get the Hikvision firmware. :)
I agree about firmware, but I will definitely keep up on it! We also have a pretty nice collection of Hik firmware in the Downloads section now, too :D