Hikvision viewers freeze

Garypsu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I. Using iOS mobile viewers IVMS or EZVIZ, when viewing live, the view freezes after about a minute or two and I have to close the app and re open it. My reason for buying this camera is for watching for my special needs son's bus to arrive in front of my house every morning, so this freezing is a major issue. I haven't had this problem with my other indoor cameras that I can view via Safari on my iPad and iPhone. I was hoping that this camera could be viewed on a mobile browser. Any help would be appreciated.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try first the normal solutions. Restart . Change to lower and higher bit rate and resolution, fps etc etc. . Sorry but don't have the ultimate solution

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this freezing is usually (not always) caused by a slow network or camera settings being to high. What are your camera setting- Quality, fps, bitrate?

Garypsu

n3wb
Reaction score
this freezing is usually (not always) caused by a slow network or camera settings being to high. What are your camera setting- Quality, fps, bitrate?
My Main Stream settings are: resolution 1920*1080; bit rate variable; frame rate 20; max bitrate 2048; i frame interval 20. My net is FIOS 50/50. I don't have a freeze issue with other indoor cameras. I wish that this camera was viewable on a mobile browser like they are.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try at least just to check if it works with lower let's say 640 resolution with 10 frames per second. Just to compare with your current settings and see if it makes any difference?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Garypsu

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try at least just to check if it works with lower let's say 640 resolution with 10 frames per second. Just to compare with your current settings and see if it makes any difference?

Thanks for your advice. The lowest resolution choice was 720. Frames per second lowered to 10. Rebooted. Still freezes during viewing. I'm disappointed with this camera. I may return it to Amazon if I can't find a viewer that works well.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea it sounds strange to me. I got my cams running on the app for hours without interruptions so normally it works fine. Maybe you got unlucky so return it if you don't want to spend more time configuring and testing

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your bitrate is too low for those settings. Keep it at 1920*1080, medium video quality, 12fps, and 2063 bitrate, I-frame interval-50. let me know if the freezing stops?