Hikvision versus Dahua

damed

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I can't decide, which IP camera should go perfect at a night time with a range at least 70 m? Devices are two: Hikvision DS-2DE7225IW-AE and Dahua DH-SD59230U-HNI. Very important, that camera would have an auto tracking feature.
Also, you can offer me other device, which might be better than these mentioned.

Thank you

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Before you buy any model that has auto-tracking, try to read as many user reviews as you can because as the reliability of auto-tracking varies by model.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's a thread someone about someones troubles with Dahua's auto tracking. It had a comparison to Hikvision and Dahua's tracking.
Holy crap in that instance did Hikvision do better. I got a sneaking suspicion it's because Hik's AI is better trained from China's cities....
But then other people's Dahua Tracking works just as well.

I would look by what each brand's availability is and what auto tracking cameras each offers.
They're both is competition so I'd expect both to have very similar models and features.

damed

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for reply.

Dahua is a lot cheaper. If we talk about specs, I don’t know what specs should I look to be better. I just need a really good view at a night time and auto-tracking function.

Availability is better for Dahua in my market.

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a Hikvision DS-2DE7225IW-AE and it was a really good camera for the money, but there appears to be confusion as to whether it does have auto tracking or not, even though the Hik specs clearly state that it does. I never used it (the auto tracking) so I cannot verify that and don’t have it any more.

I would check thoroughly with whoever is supplying the cameras that it definitely supports auto tracking.

If it does not, then it probably means that your Hikvision auto tracking option would have to be a DS-2DF8223I (old model, can only buy used or new old stock) or a DS-2DF8225IX (current model), which will be physically bigger and heavier and more expensive, but also better quality of course :)

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im a hikvision defector, i always get dahua these days, have always been far better to date with me. will never go back to hikvision i dont think unless they come up with something better.

damed

n3wb
Reaction score
Had looked on Youtube several times for records with Hik DS-2DE7225IW-AE , so it has an auto-tracking. If you say that it's a really good camera for the money, then I will trust. I need a good one because want to catch a thief who sometimes coming to steal something from our cars in a range of 50-80 m.

wozzzzza, what do you mean "far better to date with me"? Are Dahua cameras the same specs or even better than Hik?

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
wozzzzza, what do you mean "far better to date with me"? Are Dahua cameras the same specs or even better than Hik?
hikvision cameras arent even on my list of cameras to get any more. my dahua cameras outperform my hikvision in every way.

Reaction score
So your cars are 50-80 meters from where the camera will be mounted? That is pretty far. Is the thief coming at night? Is the area well lit with visible (white) light?

You will have a problem getting a face ID at night that far away if the camera does not have a good zoom function. Also, auto tracking is problematic, especially at night. I do not know if any of these cameras can get a good face ID on a moving perp at 50-80 m at night.

Most people here will tell you that the best way to get a face ID is with multiple fixed cameras with appropriate varifocal/zoom lenses zoomed and focused as such to cover the location of the expected perp for a face ID.

damed

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the thief is coming at night. And the camera will be mounted 50-60m from the car. And there is a very little “amount” of light.
but my mentioned models has a 25x optical zoom. So it should zoom well, as I understand.
Which models with face ID should I look at?

Reaction score
You need to read the Cliff Notes and the Wiki (see the WIKI link at the top of the page).

PTZ w/auto tracking can miss a lot of action. Tracking takes time, as does focusing on the event. Perps are constantly moving and rarely stop and look directly at your camera to help you get a good face ID.

Flavacali

n3wb
Reaction score
There's a thread someone about someones troubles with Dahua's auto tracking. It had a comparison to Hikvision and Dahua's tracking.
Holy crap in that instance did Hikvision do better. I got a sneaking suspicion it's because Hik's AI is better trained from China's cities....
But then other people's Dahua Tracking works just as well.

I would look by what each brand's availability is and what auto tracking cameras each offers.
They're both is competition so I'd expect both to have very similar models and features.
I just bought 2 dahua DH-SD49225XA-HNR and SD59225U-HNI in the last 2 weeks nothing but trouble with auto tracking, I bought a hikvision ds-2de4a425iw-de with autotracking 2 days ago, right out of the box the auto tracking has been 100 percent reliable. I will never buy dahua again.