hikvision tools download?

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can I download the Hikvision tools directly? I can not use mini CDs on my computer and thats all that came with the camera!

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for the link but I have no idea in that long list which one I am supposed to download. I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2120-I.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the link but I have no idea in that long list which one I am supposed to download. I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2120-I.
For installation, all you need is the sadp software to detect the camera...dont download or install any firmware etc...
SADP is universal and not dependent on model
Click on tools then sadp software.

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. Got it downloaded. By the way, my CD Rom on this new computer is a vertical slot with nothing to hold the minis in their slot in the tray. Doesn't work well with minis. The mini CDs fall out most of the time before the tray closes completely and it was a scary moment trying to dig it out when it dislodged inside at one point. Not worth using them to me. And laying my computer on it's side would have been a major pain because the desk area is so full of "stuff' and wires. :sad2:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Before you install, note that if you purchased the Hikvision DS-2CD2120-I and not the model with an F designation you will not have 3 axis rotation which means you cannot wall mount it without a special mount...you also dont have an sd card slot...

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea, I knew that from the wonderful info you gave me in another thread :) I wasn't really that interested in the SD Card and I did order the wall mount brackets with them. I wanted them installed in the same place the other cameras were (Wall mounted) because now we have screw holes the in the siding to cover up. Due to these being dome cameras, and the angel of the house in regards to the area the cameras would be covering, I wanted to get them sitting out a bit from the structure, instead of attached directly to it. Even with the Foscam bullet type cameras, which sat out from the siding, we were capturing a lot of "house" in the edge of the view so I knew the domes would be even worse if they weren't on a mount setting them out a little from the siding. Since I had to order the mounts anyway I decided to save myself $10 per camera and order the 2 axis cameras. It's just the best way to point them in order to cover the wildlife "highway" we have going through our property (Along a creek) and not catch the real highway going past in front of our house. Kind of the same situation in the back as far as needing a side angle view. Thank you though for making sure i knew that!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great..let us know how you like the cams once they are up and running

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are both up and running. Had them up yesterday. We also put up 2 IR lights near the back camera where we hope to see the most wildlife. it is lit up nicely. The videos and pictures are beautiful! Very crisp and clear, even at night! I am still trying to fine tune some of the settings, but the videos and pictures so far are outstanding and in a whole different world then the Foscams! Our only concern is these cameras don't seem to catch motion as far out as the other ones did. I walked into the camera view from the outer edges of the area we want to monitor, and they didn't detect motion until I walked about 1/4 of the distance back toward them. The other cameras detected motion out to the edges. I have these set down less then half way mark as far as sensitivity. I am afraid if I go anymore sensitive they are going to be too sensitive at night with bugs, ect. But I will keep testing it out at night and see how far it can go before it is too far. Thank you SO MUCH fenderman for pointing me toward these~

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They are both up and running. Had them up yesterday. We also put up 2 IR lights near the back camera where we hope to see the most wildlife. it is lit up nicely. The videos and pictures are beautiful! Very crisp and clear, even at night! I am still trying to fine tune some of the settings, but the videos and pictures so far are outstanding and in a whole different world then the Foscams! Our only concern is these cameras don't seem to catch motion as far out as the other ones did. I walked into the camera view from the outer edges of the area we want to monitor, and they didn't detect motion until I walked about 1/4 of the distance back toward them. The other cameras detected motion out to the edges. I have these set down less then half way mark as far as sensitivity. I am afraid if I go anymore sensitive they are going to be too sensitive at night with bugs, ect. But I will keep testing it out at night and see how far it can go before it is too far. Thank you SO MUCH fenderman for pointing me toward these~
Im glad they are working out for you...as far as motion, if I recall you are using blue iris so the motion detection is not dependent on the camera at all...
since the image captures more area you need different settings than before..
Also, make sure that you dont have object detect reject selected in the motion settings...

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Object detect and reject is not checked. Yes, I am using BI and love it. I will keep adjusting the sensitivity and see if it helps. They definitely cover more area! :)

dlee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are some day/night sample shots from the cameras. We ended up putting them both in different locations then the Foscams were because they have such a wider view. The back camera I have the internal IR off and am using external IR lights. The front camera has the internal IR on, but there is also a large dusk to dawn yard light that helps light up the area. Absolutely no problems with these cameras catching bugs or dust particles. We are thrilled with them so far! Both areas covered have a creek running along the far edge and is a main travel route for numerous kinds of wildlife. Bear, deer, coyote, wolf, turkey, pheasant, racoon.......we hope to have a lot of videos/images from these.

Attachments