Hikvision Thermal & Optical Bi-spectrum Network Bullet Camera DS-2TD2617-10/PA

Marco Hill

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision Thermal & Optical Bi-spectrum Network Bullet Camera DS-2TD2617-10/PA

Has anyone purchased and used these cameras before. I am interested in buying for our farm on the perimeter which is pitch black.

Let me know thanks.

Marco Hill

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking at low light Hikvision cameras but than I cam across this camera that is on discount with ADIglobal.

I have a 6K perimeter farm and I want to mount these cameras on a pole that will be solar powered and the cameras will link back to the NVR using nanostations.

My question is the detection range, is the line crossing and intrusion alarms decent and work well when everything is pitch black?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The system will operate as expected so long as the specifications relating to distance is followed. Thermal cameras are truly excellent solutions to see in pitch black.

Whether it’s intended for stealth vs having the ability to see a object not normally visible either in colour / IR.

It should be noted these thermal cameras come in higher quality (tolerance) vs the standard ones. This is especially important in extreme temperature environments like desert / arctic.

The use of various filters to identify different coloured objects only goes so far. Along with understanding the limitations when something is hidden behind foliage or heat reflecting / heat absorbing material.

Regardless of the above in a normal environment thermal cameras offer that extra insight and visibility not available from standard security cameras.

Now, if you want to get real serious invest in radar or integrated radar PTZ.

TomB

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking at low light Hikvision cameras but than I cam across this camera that is on discount with ADIglobal.

I have a 6K perimeter farm and I want to mount these cameras on a pole that will be solar powered and the cameras will link back to the NVR using nanostations.

My question is the detection range, is the line crossing and intrusion alarms decent and work well when everything is pitch black?
Hi Marco
I received one of these a week ago and replaced a 12mm EXIR DS-2CD2T45-I8 on a farm boundary as you contemplate. Where I got about 60m effective line-cross detection with the EXIR cam, the Thermal cam works up to 150m day and night. I was really impressed. Obviously you only get a heat signature and can't make out a lot of detail with this distance, but it triggers where the other cam was blind. For the price it performs well and I am thinking of ordering more.
Just remember, it uses 2 slots on your NVR and on my Acusense DS-7716NXI NVR the rules don't come through under smart events, but under the VCA tab. This does not allow you to trigger a PTZ linkage, which I think would be usefull to get some visuals on the intruder that crossed the line 150m away.

And welcome to the board. Always nice to come across a fellow ZAFfer on the web.