Hikvision Remote Access via Web Browser is Gone...

Garett

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I used to be able to open a web browser and go to a URL, login, and have remote access to Hikvision NVR and IP Cameras. Recently, that URL disappeared and the webpage will not load.

I have no access to the cameras, except for luckily, my iPhone app IVMS-4500 which still works and I can see the cameras. However, I cannot access any configuration or settings to the cameras.

Who can I hire to help me fix this via web conference?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Power cycle the camera. If that does not help, download Hikvision SADP software and use that to scan for the camera. Enter its IP address into the web browser.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you on Windows 10? and did you update recently, either auto or manual...

Did you also update the firmware in the units to the most recent?

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you using to access the cameras? You mentioned IVMS4500. I guess that would not mean Hik-connect account because most people who uses remote access through Hik-connect uses the hik-connect app. This leads me to believe you are using a DDNS service? If it works in the app but not on the web browser I would guess that your port forwarding is having an issue. Accessing using the app would require the server port and the RTSP port to be open on your router. Accessing using the web browser would require the HTTP port open. Since you can access using app and not web browser then this what I would guess is wrong. Give me some more information. Are you accessing using an IP address or are you using a web address (DDNS) to access your cameras? If using DDNS then are you using Hikvision's DDNS service which is called HIDDNS? If you are using HIDDNS the DO NOT update the firmware. Some feel updating firmware will fix connection issues. Updating firmware past 3.4.5 will take away HIDDNS access on your recorder and you would be forced to use a 3rd party DDNS service or use Hik-Connect.

sirfa

n3wb
Reaction score
Connect NVR to Hik-Connect service. Configure DDNS on HikConnect. Port forward the port HTTP and RSTP on your router. Then use the IP that you can find on Hik-Connect site.
If you want to browse into camera URL, do the same for camera.

Last edited:

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If are using Hik-Connect to access your cameras and opened the ports on your router to so you would be able to get a faster connection and give you access to configuration settings. First I would go into your recorder and check to make sure Hik-Connect is showing online. It is under "Configuration" and then click on "Network" then will see the tab for Hik-Connect. Make sure it is showing status as "Online". If it is then you can go to www.hik-connect.com and log in with your Hik-Connect credentials. Once logged in you will see your recorder. Click on the IP address and it will take you to your NVR.