Hikvision PTZ Smart Tracking issue

Reaction score
I have a PTZ DS-2DE4A215IW-DE 2MP installed on my property. Smart tracking is switched on but I'm having some issues with it. It doesn't matter what I set the duration to it will track for 5-10 seconds and then go back to its original position.
Park action is switched off.
There seems to be no way to set the zoom ratio too, just a button on the smart tracking GUI which I click and it seems to do nothing.
I read on another thread to try and set it to 0 and I've tried that but it makes no difference.
Latest firmware on both camera and 7608 NVR.
Anyone have any ideas?
Fergus

Reaction score
hi, i have the same problem.
Are you still having this problem?
Nope, pretty much still the same. Updated, reset, everything tried. It will track the subject but the split second it thinks they’ve stopped moving it returns to its original position. I thought that by changing the time it would hang around for a certain time and then continue the tracking. For example if it’s tracking someone and they walk briefly behind a car by the time they’ve appeared the other side (still in view), or even stopped briefly for a second and then started walking again, this things zooms back to its original position. It wasn’t the cheapest tracking PTZ but it wasn’t what I expected either. Very annoying