Hikvision Ports?

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All-

Hoping someone can clarify and assist me with what ports need to be open for Hikvision cams. I've came across several posts on the web and I am getting conflicting information. Also, what I am reading is not making sense because I am finding the opposite is true for my situation. I will explain further. I have read online the following ports need to be forwarded for Hikvision:

RTSP: 554 and Server Port: 8000 (by default I believe)

Here is the thing, I only forwarded HTTP port via my router and I can view the image just fine so that is telling me "Server Port" is not a necessity unless I am confused? My specific issue is this, I have a Hikvision 2432 and I am trying to get the listening / talking feature to work and the developer Ken believes it is not working via the BI app due to me not having RTSP port forwarded?

Another ? I have is this, shouldn't I be able to get the listening / talking feature to work while connected to my home wifi because port forwarding is only for when you are connecting via WAN.

Any assistance / clarification would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The hikvision mobile app uses the media port. Most others use rtsp for video and listening and http for talk....if you blue iris machine on the same network as the camera dont need to port forward anything on the camera...

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fenderman-

Thanks again for responding to my random questions...lol

Anyway, I am not so sure that the BI app is able to utilize the "listen" function while on my home wifi (I need to double check that again when I get home tonight). I believe when I tested it last night the "talk" functionality was working via my home wifi. If I am planning on using BI app via my mobile carrier's network (VZ / 4G let's say) than I would need to port forward RTSP as well as HTTP..?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The BI app can certainly listen to audio from that cam.. You don't need to port forward any of the camera ports... Only the blue iris webserver port... Close any ports you opened to the camera.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fenderman-

I am at home and just tested BI app while on wifi and the talk function is working however the listening is not. As a matter of fact the app crashed while I attempted to listen. Something isn't right here regarding the app...

Also, I have to have the http port open because sometimes I use a different android app for camera viewing besides BI. I have not fully transitioned to just one app as of yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If its crashing..email support so they can address it...most likely its related to 64 bit...you should try and use blue iris 32 bit..

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using 32 bit version still....release 3.66.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update...just plugged audio headset into pc and test BI pc app...talk works listen does not!

Appears to be issue with BI I am thinking at this point.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an update...Ken emailed me back and stated he would like to access to my BI pc to further troubleshoot. So as of now I only have my main (admin) account created for access. I need to figure out how to set up a guest account with limited privileges to just the cam in question....? Any feedback would be appreciated....

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just an update...Ken emailed me back and stated he would like to access to my BI pc to further troubleshoot. So as of now I only have my main (admin) account created for access. I need to figure out how to set up a guest account with limited privileges to just the cam in question....? Any feedback would be appreciated....

Thx
NO, he will need full access...install something like teamviewer...

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NO, he will need full access...install something like teamviewer...
Seriously, BI does not have an option to add addt'l people...what about if you were using for a business and you wanted to give security guards specific or limited access...no such thing I guess?

I've seen basic NVR systems (like ACTi that allows that ability) kind of surprising this is lacking with a product such as BI.

That is very interesting.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris does allow different users and limited access-its actually very advanced-much more so than any standalone NVR...blue iris options >users..but that is just for the stream...I understood that he needs more than that..so he can see your blue iris console like you do when you are sitting in front of the pc ...teamviewer will give him full access and the password changes each session...or you can uninstall it...its fully safe and secure...dont know what the problem is...
If all he needs is to view the webserver stream then you can give him access as a user

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fenderman-

Thanks for the detailed information...appreciate it! Sorry to be a PITA :)