Hikvision (PoE) mount in standard wall box

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have three cameras with a mount similar to this

On the external house, I have installed three outlets (well, the builder has) which has the cable installed here

Is there a cover I can buy that would allow me to just use two of the screws rather than all three, which should be secure enough?

If not, any recommendations on a mount that would work with the existing box? The Ethernet cable comes out directly, so I'd prefer to have the cameras flush to the wall and no cables would be showing.

Thanks in advance

yellowbunny

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope, make your own. Take that metal plate, mark and place some small pilot holes in there and toss in some self-tapping machine screws to mount your cameras. Drill a hole large enough for your camera cat5 connector to go through so it's in the box, place the side exit hole on your mount plate facing down and silicone it (preferably before you drill the mount holes), and you're good to go.

emailrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. After much drilling of holes I got it all mounted! I'll take another picture of it up on the house but it looks great and very tidy.

Now I just have to get the pesky port forwarding / IP reservations working so I can get blueiris working against outside of the home. It's working on the local server great.