Hikvision PCNVR to IVMS4200 on a PC Server

nambi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been using Hik for about 4 years now, when I originally setup my 1st system I installed the PCNVR system which had been discontinued over the IVMS4200

The reason i installed PCNVR over the new IVMS4200 was the port forwarding. I may have been wrong about it but what I saw in PCNVR was that my Phone would connect directly to my computer running PCNVR and see all the cams attached to the PC, on my router I only had to pass through 2 ports to the PC.

With IVMS4200 I had to open a port up to each camera then on my phone connect to each camera one by one.

Fine for a home when you have 4 cams or so, but when you have 20 it seemed tedious especially when setting up the system for several people.

I setup a Hik system at my house, I'm trying to get E-mail Alerts but with the old PCNVR system the system is so old it doesn't have the latest security options for E-mailing and therefore I can't setup the alerts.

I was considering blue Iris but then I thought I'd revisit IVMS4200 I installed what I think is the latest version v3 (can't seem to find release dates) the system looks much more modern.

Using the Hik app Hik connect or IVMS-4500 (discontinued) Can I set it up to see the PC/DVR running IVMS4200 and from there all the connected cams come through or do I have to open ports up to each camera and setup a direct connection to each cam with my phone.

I want to control all my footage, I don't want to connect to servers whereby my footage is being passed through the servers to my phone.

Any Advice would be helpful

Thanks