Hikvision outdoor install

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All four are DS-2CD2032-I. For recording I am using Synology SurveillanceStation.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great, nice job! Which Synology are you using? I have a DS713+ and use it every day. I'm really happy with everyone on it but I have never used the Surveillance Station because I have Blue Iris and also an NVR. How do you like it? I have thought about trying it out but don't really have a need.

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks great, nice job! Which Synology are you using? I have a DS713+ and use it every day. I'm really happy with everyone on it but I have never used the Surveillance Station because I have Blue Iris and also an NVR. How do you like it? I have thought about trying it out but don't really have a need.
I have DS713+ and I like it. Just updated to DSM 5.2 and thinking about upgrading hard drives. SurveillanceStation is OK, though more Windows friendly than I would like (running linux on my desktops) Good thing is that you get two camera licenses included.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have DS713+ and I like it. Just updated to DSM 5.2 and thinking about upgrading hard drives. SurveillanceStation is OK, though more Windows friendly than I would like (running linux on my desktops) Good thing is that you get two camera licenses included.
I'm on DSM 5.2 now too, so far I like it. I'm real impressed with Synology's updates to both their OS and their apps.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A very clean install. How was it pulling wires for the cameras? Or was the place already wired for them?

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A very clean install. How was it pulling wires for the cameras? Or was the place already wired for them?
It was a pain in the butt :) All four cameras are connected to a POE switch in the attic. Will see how it will do with temperature swings...

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was a pain in the butt :) All four cameras are connected to a POE switch in the attic. Will see how it will do with temperature swings...
Looking at the switch I am looking at buying, it seems it is OK for up to 104F. It definitely gets warmer than that in mine during the summer!

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking at the switch I am looking at buying, it seems it is OK for up to 104F. It definitely gets warmer than that in mine during the summer!
I got TP-LINK TL-SG1008P switch. So far so good. I am more worried about the backup (APC BGE90M)

FrankZ

n3wb
Reaction score
For you folks using synology's SS, have you been able to get motion detection to work?

I tried enabling in the camera, just SS and couldn't get it done.

lacibaci

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For you folks using synology's SS, have you been able to get motion detection to work?

I tried enabling in the camera, just SS and couldn't get it done.
Depends on camera. I use "Intrusion detection." (Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cameras) Motion detection was giving me many false alarms. Intrusion detection may not be available on all cameras.

FrankZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks lacibaci.

I'm using the DS-2CD2132F-IS cameras. I'll give intrusion detection a try.

rebels23

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using the new 4MP DS-2CD2042WD-I on a Sinology 412+. What settings are you using on your DS-2CD2032-I? Motion Detection is so sensitive. What is intrusion detection?