Hikvision NVR7616 ingest some legacy mjpeg IP Cams?

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Folks,

I just installed a Hikvision NVR7616NI-Q2. It works great with a bunch of new HikVision IPCAM's I installed and they are directly connected to the PoE ports on the back of the NVR.

I have a couple of legacy old Foscam IPCAMs that are in a wireless location that I'd like to see about using them since they are still operational. Does the NVR support ingesting the MJPEG feed from these old cameras?
If I use the following URL in VLC, I can view the stream just fine:
http://<CAMIP>/videostream.cgi?rate=0&user=admin&pwd=<mypassword>

On the Hikvision NVR Cam configuration page how would I configure this ingest of this old camera (if at all possible)?

Thanks,

-J

archjeb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, after searching around, it appears that the Hikvision NVR's do NOT support mjpeg from cameras...just RTSP.

Maybe this is really hacky to try to make this work, but has anyone tried having an intermediate box that does a conversion of this? Such as using ffmpeg to take the mjpeg over HTTP feed and then use ffserver to provide an RTSP stream that the Hikvision NVR can ingest?

Or is there a cost effective ONVIF Wifi enabled IPCAM that is IP67 rated (since its in direct weather exposure) that you're recommend?

Thanks,

-J