Hikvision NVR with Blue Iris / Sighthound/ ispyconnect

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi , I am trying to connect to my ip cameras with Blue Iris and Sighthound.

The 2 hikvision DS-2cd2332 cameras are connected to a hikvision 7608 NVR and I can access them remotely via the ivms app with port forwarding set up manually and uPnP disabled.

Blue Iris etc. are not picking up the cameras probably because they are connected to the NVR and not the pc.
Is there a secure way to leave the cameras connected to the NVR but use Blue Iris or Sighthound for the motion detection alerts?
How do I configure the NVR or Blue Iris to see the correct video stream as I assume the ip cameras username and password were left default when they were installed?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi , I am trying to connect to my ip cameras with Blue Iris and Sighthound.

The 2 hikvision DS-2cd2332 cameras are connected to a hikvision 7608 NVR and I can access them remotely via the ivms app with port forwarding set up manually and uPnP disabled.

Blue Iris etc. are not picking up the cameras probably because they are connected to the NVR and not the pc.
Is there a secure way to leave the cameras connected to the NVR but use Blue Iris or Sighthound for the motion detection alerts?
How do I configure the NVR or Blue Iris to see the correct video stream as I assume the ip cameras username and password were left default when they were installed?

Thanks
both blue iris and sighthound can pull streams from the nvr itself...or for true redundancy you can use a poe switch and feed to both..

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
both blue iris and sighthound can pull streams from the nvr itself...or for true redundancy you can use a poe switch and feed to both..
Thanks, I have tried both but it does not pick up the cameras, do I use the NVR’s static ip or do I use the IP address assigned to the camera by the NVR in the stream?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I have tried both but it does not pick up the cameras, do I use the NVR’s static ip or do I use the IP address assigned to the camera by the NVR in the stream?
if the cameras are plugged into the nvr, you will need to stream from the nvr...use the nvr's ip..

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if the cameras are plugged into the nvr, you will need to stream from the nvr...use the nvr's ip..
Hi , I have tried sighthound and tried several combinations of the video stream and no luck.

The Hikvision NVR has a static ip address assigned from the router. Lets call this 192.168.2.4

The internal NVR Nic ip address is 192.0.0.1

I have looked up several rtsp streams for Hikvision
Main Stream: (Channel 1 Main)
rtsp://admin: password@192.168.1.200:554/Streaming/Channels/101

My questions , is the username and password in the stream , that of the NVR or is that of the actual ip camera which is usually the default admin:12345 for Hikvision.
Is the ip address in the stream that of the ip camera 192.168.0.0.2 or is the ip address in the stream the static ip that is assigned in the router namely 192.168.2.4 ?

Thanks