Hikvision NVR vs Bundled System Question

Jeebs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the security camera world, and am trying to put together a decent yet cost effective system. To start, I am not looking for anything spectacular. I am going for something that will allow me to use a modern IP system, view remotely at times, and to provide decent enough video when needed if some d-bag decides he wants my Amazon packages more than I do. I don't need to view license plates from a block away or anything like that. I'd like to start with 4 cameras and have the ability to add more in the future. With all that in mind, I've done some reading around here and it seems the Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P fits the bill fairly well. However, this Q-See bundle was just discounted at Costco. I know systems like this are generally frowned upon around here. I've also heard these can be re-branded Hikvision units.

So my question is - Do you think I should stick with my original plan and piece it together or is the bundle at Costco a decent enough value that I can forego buying a NVR and going from there?

Thank you all for your time!

Jeebs