Hikvision NVR video lagging and dropping

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey,
I have a rebranded Hikvision 64ch NVR with 52 cameras connected to it. I had 38 cams and added 14 more when the issue started. Sub stream (seems to) works fine, but when I open a single channel, the main stream will lag and jump a few seconds. No smooth video. Sometimes the main stream won’t even display an image.
The NVR supports up to 320kbps and I’m only hitting around 200 on the NVR.
I have 4 managed switches (HP procurve) and 1 unmanaged scattered around the property. My switches uplink connect to the onsite Cisco uplinks to push feed. These switches were all in place before the problem started happening and just added an 8 port unmanaged switch due to lack of ports in that server closet.
Cameras are 4mp Hikvision CN and rebranded Hikvision and like 8 CN generic cams (which actually don’t give me an issue until this problem now)
All devices on the property are on a single 192.168.1 network including the cameras.
Could this be a congestion issue? Camera Bandwidth? Bottleneck?
The problem is spread out and not isolated to any single camera

Btw I have 2 NIC ports on the NVR, should I be using them both??

Thanks!

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some of the higher end Hik NVRs have a link aggregation feature for the 2 ports which may be worth trying to see if that helps.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@cutterman could you go into a little more detail on this? What is link aggregation? How does it work in general? I’m assuming you’re saying to split the load?

Thank you

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is from the Hik 96xx manual|network configuration

See if you can select load balance mode which shares the bandwidth across both NIC ports. If that is not an option pick multi-address mode and connect both to the network.

Attachments