Hikvision NVR POE not detecting my cameras

tonie

n3wb
Reaction score
My Hikvision DS-7716N-E4/16P is not detecting two of my DS-2CD2032F-I cameras. I'm a noob at this and I've tried to google but no avail. The SADP tool is able to detect my NVR but not the cameras. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion to try:
On the assumption that the PoE ports IP addresses are in the usual range of 192.168.254.xxx
In the NVR web GUI, pick the 2 channels that the missing cameras are connected to, and with the Modify button, change the mode of the channel to 'Manual' instead of 'Plug and Play'. Enter the camera password, leave other settings unchanged. Note down the IP address of each of the 2 PoE channels.
Connect your PC Ethernet cable to a spare PoE port on the NVR. You don't need to change the PC IP address.
Used SADP to find the missing cameras and set their IP address to that of the PoE port that they are connected to.
At that point - the cameras should be visible in Live View, and available to configure.

tonie

n3wb
Reaction score
Connect your PC Ethernet cable to a spare PoE port on the NVR. You don't need to change the PC IP address.
Used SADP to find the missing cameras and set their IP address to that of the PoE port that they are connected to.
At that point - the cameras should be visible in Live View, and available to configure.
the seller tech was able to help me out. I didn't expect buying it from china would get this kind of service but the walked though me step by step which was great.

What you said did the trick but I wouldn't understand it because it doesn't make sense to me and until the tech did it.

1) Connect the main lan port from nvr to the router.
2) Connect ethernet to camera and to nvr poe port
3) Connect another ethernet to the nvr poe port and to router (this will allow the nvr to detect the camera and it will not detect it if you don't do this)
4) open SADP (it's a software that comes with your camera or you can download it) to change the IP
5) Change the camera IP Address to 192.168.254.xx
6) Change the IPv4 Gateway to 192.168.254.x (or something else but has 254 after the last digit)

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for getting there.
And kudos to the seller for providing that level of support.
Is it a seller that has been mentioned previously on this forum?
If you feel able to share their details, they may get some additional benefits from their good service.

5) Change the nvr ip to 192.168.254.xx
I could understand this if you mean the camera, as opposed to the NVR. Or is it the IP address of the PoE channel via the NVR web GUI?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't understand why a cable from the nvr poe ports to router makes it visible but I'm going to try this with my mini ptz and see if it works.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tonie

n3wb
Reaction score
Well done for getting there.
And kudos to the seller for providing that level of support.
Is it a seller that has been mentioned previously on this forum?
If you feel able to share their details, they may get some additional benefits from their good service.

I could understand this if you mean the camera, as opposed to the NVR. Or is it the IP address of the PoE channel via the NVR web GUI?
You're right. It's the camera.

the ebay seller user id is mardanliu2015

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On a side note. The cable from poe nvr to router allowed the nvr to finally see the ptz. Now how to get it to work?

Here are my settings. The ptz detects at Port 80 regardless of how I set it in sadp.

haku

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't understand why a cable from the nvr poe ports to router makes it visible but I'm going to try this with my mini ptz and see if it works.

can anyone explain this networking issue? i too am needing an ethernet cable connected to one a POE port on the NVR to my router for the cameras to be detected by NVR and SADP. If i don't do this the NVR does not detect the camera (even despite changing the NVR to 192.168.1.XX, IP camera to 192.168.1.XX, router is 192.168.1.1, so they're all on the same subnet i believe)

is it a firmware issue? my hikvision NVR has DS-7808N-E2 / 8P FW: 3.3.4 and DS-2CD2035-I FW: 5.3.6....

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

lm555

n3wb
Reaction score
can anyone explain this networking issue? i too am needing an ethernet cable connected to one a POE port on the NVR to my router for the cameras to be detected by NVR and SADP. If i don't do this the NVR does not detect the camera (even despite changing the NVR to 192.168.1.XX, IP camera to 192.168.1.XX, router is 192.168.1.1, so they're all on the same subnet i believe)

is it a firmware issue? my hikvision NVR has DS-7808N-E2 / 8P FW: 3.3.4 and DS-2CD2035-I FW: 5.3.6....

thank you.
The only explanation is that Hikvision box acts as a router. No MAC addresses of cameras plugged into build-in switch are visible by the rest of the local network. I guess that would be fine, if advertised support for third party cameras worked seamlessly. Unfortunately it doesn't. I have two WestMile PoE IP cameras and cannot make them work with Hikvision. They do work just fine with other brand of NVR.

Davejhill1

n3wb
Reaction score
hey guys i recently put a hikvisin system in and am trying to connect 2 of the cameras via a ubiquiti wireless bridge, problem is its not reading the 2 cameras, its a 16 chanel NVR so when i plug the link in it comes up with the 2 cameras in green down the bottom but when i change the ip address on one of the ports to match the camera disapears from the bottom of the list but it doesnt connect to the NVR.

boujwa81

n3wb
Reaction score
My Hikvision DS-7716N-E4/16P is not detecting two of my DS-2CD2032F-I cameras. I'm a noob at this and I've tried to google but no avail. The SADP tool is able to detect my NVR but not the cameras. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a similar problem. I have the DS-7716NI-SP/16P with 4 DS-2CD2342WD-1 cameras. I finally figured out to plug my laptop into the POE port so that the SADP would actually see the cameras. I have the cameras in the 192.168.254.7 (previously attached to another NVR) and when I matched up the ports on the NVR with the IP address I still have nothing. The default gateway on the cameras is 192.168.1.1, is this correct?

Thanks