Hikvision NVR firmwares

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know which is the difference between , eg, these two firmwares, fw1 and fw2 ?
In the release notes, seems that both can be installed on the E series (eg DS-76xxNI-E2) as well as on the I series (DS-7600NI-I2/8P), but one is 15 MB, the other close to 40 MB .....
Cheers

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
License plate recognition. That's the major reason why the file size is so large. Go with the newer (larger) of the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks so much !! Actually, I haven't camera with LPR feature (currently one DS-2CD2142FWD-IS and one DS-2CD2042WD-I), and the newer fw (3.4.6) is the smaller, while the larger is the 3.4.2, which I've already installed on both My NVRs , (one E2 and one I2), since I still havent 'smart' cameras, would you suggest to upgrade to 3.4.6 ?
Thanks again

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't look at the filesizes correctly. As long as your NVR isn't Chinese-regioned, keep its firmware as current as possible. Cameras not as critical.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To be clear, LPR was already part of these recorders, the support was just improved and expanded to many additional LP regions. Most US and European plates were already covered. Doesn't affect me too much but I try to keep the NVR as current as possible for a variety of reasons.