Hikvision NVR event triggers advise please

Reaction score
Just ordered and installed my first residential...will post pictures later. Completed the build with all the info I have gathered over the last year lurking on this site.

I think this guide will be of great help to everyone trying to get Hikvision Smart Events to cross over to a Hikvision NVR. I have been digging trying to find the answer and this guide has made it work flawlessly. No false triggers and it is so much easier and way more reliable than the NVR motion detection. Give it a shot! And please sticky if you mods find it helpful!

http://securitycameranet.com/download/IVMS_Hikvision_oem/hikvision orginal/Troubleshooting/Technical Bulletin NVR and IP Camera VCA Recording_v1.0.0.pdf

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am also needing help setting up line crossing recording.

NVR. DS-7608NI-SE/P FW: V3.0.9 Build 140928

Camera. DS-2CD2132F-IS FW: V5.2.5 Build 141201

I have the camera set up as:

motion detection enabled, no area drawn, armed 24/7, notify surveillance center and trigger Channel selected

line crossing enabled, line drawn, armed 24/7, notify surveillance center and trigger Channel selected

Under storage>record schedual. Enabled, Motion|Alarm selected 24/7

Under the NVR

Camera Settings>Schedule Settings; enabled, Motion|Alarm on 24/7

Camera Settings>Motion Detection; Enabled, no area drawn, armed 24/7, Linkage Notify Surveillance Center

Camera Settings>Video loss; disabled

Camera Settings>Privacy Mask; diasbled

Camera Settings>Video Tampering; disabled

Camera Settings>VCA; Enabled, Armed 24/7, Linkage Method: Notify Surveillance Center, Trigger Channel (my only camera)

Logs on NVR show Line crossing Detection Crossing. No recorder video

Any help would be wonderful...

Thanks

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bill,

You have to set the NVR to record VCA (not motion|alarm) and ensure VCA is enabled on your NVR settings. The guide I posted above should help you out.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

All seems to be working now....

I am a happy man...

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean! I just had that feeling less than a week ago lol! you can also search by event and switch to VCA before you search and can play each event like that...awesome way to review the day

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't wait to get all my cameras up now. I have 4 more coming. Due Tuesday. I have been running wiring today and doing bench testing of the nvr.

I'm sure you can setup the nvr to trigger all channels to record if one is triggered by a event can't you?

Reaction score
Nice, I need to buy my next set of 4! It should be pretty straightforward but I haven't tried it yet. Under the Camera -> VCA settings on the NVR you need to go to the small settings icon next to the small sample live view screen and then on the first menu of trigger channel just select the other channels you want to trigger to record as well.

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice, I need to buy my next set of 4! It should be pretty straightforward but I haven't tried it yet. Under the Camera -> VCA settings on the NVR you need to go to the small settings icon next to the small sample live view screen and then on the first menu of trigger channel just select the other channels you want to trigger to record as well.
When I get my other cams setup I will see how it works..

Thanks

Magnus357

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this thread is sort of old, but it addresses my issue most directly.

I have VCS working on my NVR in that I can get it to audibly alert, so I know the events are being detected; however, I cannot get it to trigger the iVMS-4500 iPhone app.

I can get motion alarms to work on the app, but not VCS alarms.

Anyone figure out if that works or is the iVMS app just too limited?

aztihg

n3wb
Reaction score
Just ordered and installed my first residential...will post pictures later. Completed the build with all the info I have gathered over the last year lurking on this site.

I think this guide will be of great help to everyone trying to get Hikvision Smart Events to cross over to a Hikvision NVR. I have been digging trying to find the answer and this guide has made it work flawlessly. No false triggers and it is so much easier and way more reliable than the NVR motion detection. Give it a shot! And please sticky if you mods find it helpful!

http://securitycameranet.com/download/IVMS_Hikvision_oem/hikvision orginal/Troubleshooting/Technical Bulletin NVR and IP Camera VCA Recording_v1.0.0.pdf
Does anybody has a soft copy of the above-mentioned pdf? I tried all my computers and tablets with no luck. I got "403 - Forbidden Error" all the time. If you still have a soft copy of it I would appreciate if you can send it to me.

I followed the suggestions from the forum with no results. I really want to set up my email alerts on the NVR and need help. My NVR is a 7608NI-E2 with no POE (using two POE switches in different locations on my house) 24/7 recording and try to set line crossing alerts. I cannot pass by the test step. I tried both gmail and yahoo and when testing I get "fail to ..." I did lower the non-secure apps in gmail account and have the DNS 8.8.8.8. I have static address on the NVR. Any help much appreciated.

aztihg

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks safeandsound for the link. I followed the instructions and made some progress. Despite the fact that I'm getting the "failed" error when I test the email settings, I start receiving emails (all of them legitimate line crossing events) but no pictures are attached. My NVR has 3.3.4 firmware. Something I must doing wrong but I do not know what. Any settings should I check? Thanks.

aztihg

n3wb
Reaction score
After I enabled the motion detection the "failed" error was gone but still no attached pictures to the emails. My 7608NI-E2 NVR does not have POE built in and the cameras are on the same network with the router and NVR which runs v3.3.4. After many unsuccessful attempts to use the NVR line crossing email alerts, I enabled these alerts directly into the cameras and is working well for the last 24 hours. Is there any downsize of this arrangement versus the NVR one? Thanks.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can partially answer your question by saying that the NVR recognizes the intrusion detection alarms as both my cameras and NVR send me email alerts and the events show up in the NVR log. I am using continuous recording so I am not sure if it can trigger recording as well. It should. Try it out.

One thing, I am pretty sure you must have motion detection active if you want to enable intrusion/line detection.

What I have:

NVR: motion detection enabled for each cam but no area selected.

Cameras: motion detection enabled with areas drawn (you don't need any motion areas selected. Motion just needs to be enabled.) + intrusion detection enabled and areas drawn. In your case you will want to make sure trigger channel is selected.

edit: The events show up in the NVR log as SMART detected. These new motion features first appeared with camera f/w 5.1.6
ADCS - to confirm, in the NVR all you have turned on is the motion detection (checked it), with no areas drawn. Also, the smart events are otherwise not turned on in the NVR but rather in the cameras themselves?

Curious, what is the advantage of doing it this way vs everything in the NVR?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, how are you getting an image in the email? Currently I only get the notification and which event triggered it (line cross or intrusion).

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just getting back to this, not getting any alerts right now on my system and it seems that when I save changes to the NVR or camera they seem to interact somehow with eachother. So am still at a loss as to where to configure what so that a) intrusion and line crossing triggers emails with pics during certain schedules and b) I have 24/7 recording.

Right now I am getting the 24/7 recording, but zero alerts are coming through (maybe 1 a week), and when they do I get a basic email without any attachments. In my camera interfaces, I actually have the Arming schedule for intrusion and line crossing for the full day (which is different for some reason from what is in my NVR...not sure why). Confused as to what governs what and which place to set things right now.

johnm0101

n3wb
Reaction score
I've found this site and the contributors brilliantly useful (Tx all) but I hven't solved my hikvision 2-CDS2332-i problems
Put simply I just cant get it to trigger any event
I have messed around trying to link it to NVR software (synology surveillance station and Genius NVR)- right now I am just using
the camera's browser/configuration screen
I have drawn a cross line set it to both ways
it doesn't appear in blue on the live view as the pdf (link above) instructions show
Yes trigger event is checked and record schedule is set up
dual VCA is checked
both an intrusion zone and a line are drawn both are armed 24/7
all boxes are ticked under linkage method though it is not possible to check 'other linkage'
Storage management is set to record to nAS - connections test correctly
have tested it endlessly - it just doesn't trigger a recording or a snapshot upload

Does anyoone have any ideas? should I factory reset this camera and start again?

FWIW and for info --- on a separate tack I've used Synology a lot and had success with previous Foscams
but with most browsers now refusing to run the necessary plugins the very useful and simple
Surveillance station is pretty useless.

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Could you please re upload that?!

gawker

n3wb
Reaction score
Bulletin states:
  1. So far the only NVRs that have the capability to record VCA events are:

•  DS-90xxHWI-ST (960H Hybrid)

•  DS-90XXHFI-ST (Real-Time Hybrid)

•  DS-96xxNI-ST (NVR)

•  DS-7716NI-SP/16 (16 channel Plug-n-Play NVR)

Is this accurate, Has anyone got it to work on DS7608NI-E2/8P?

gawker

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry one more info...I have v3.4.96 build 170921 on NVR stated and in Configuration menu after selecting VCA it returns "No VCA device available". I have camera DS-2CD2342WD-I v5.4.5 build 170124 firmware and followed PDF instructions to set VCA events but not working.