Hikvision NVR (DS-7700) and cameras (DS-2VD2032) setup

marc38103

n3wb
Reaction score
I have purchased a used DS-7700 POE NVR and 3 used DS-2CD2032F-I POE cameras. I have been able to add the cameras to the NVR but see no image. I have been able to set the camera directly on the network and using an old version of Internet Explorer I finally was able to see an image.

1.) what are some things to check to get the image to show up when cabled directly to the NVR ?
2.) Can I set the NVR to just get the image from the network ? Do I lose any functionality?
3.) I saw a lengthy thread about 'brick fix' and custom firmware - is this something to do preemptively or only if I encounter some problem ?
4.) is there a "plug-in" or setting that would allow viewing the image from a more modern browser?

Thanks in advance !

marc38103

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, I have not found the setting but it 'seems' as if the NVR sets up a separate network and in my case it is 192.168.254.x. Is that correct? The NVR itself gets an IP address from my router and is 192.168.1.x - can the NVR set the cameras to the same 192.168.1.x pattern ? Or should it manage a separate range?

If I have a camera on the main network rather than plugged in directly to the NVR, it will have a 192.168.1.x address - should the NVR be able to see this ?

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am a bit confused but will give it a stab:
1.) what are some things to check to get the image to show up when cabled directly to the NVR ?
I assume that you don't have a monitor connected to the NVR and trying to view the images on a PC using windows. Remember that Flash / Active X is longer supported so you will need a plugin on Chrome (I use NACL extension)

Can I set the NVR to just get the image from the network ?
Yes you can

You can either use the POE on the NVR (Safer option) or connect the NVR LAN and cameras to the same network (local lan). This will require you to assign an IP address to each camera and then configure this on the NVR. I would recommend that you use the POE, then if you want to configure any settings on the cameras, perform this via the NVR or use the NVR as the server/host

Hope that this helps

marc38103

n3wb
Reaction score
I DO have a monitor on the NVR and am seeing the black screen there (this after setting the camera to use DHCP and a known password, then using an ethernet cable to connect to the POE NVR).

I have installed NACL dev environment but does not help. Could you possibly link to it so I can confirm i did the right one ?

marc38103

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh - I have one camera plugged into the NVR as plug and play. Another is custom (rstp) and another is onvif. All black screens

I also tried TCP, UDP, Multicast and tried different ethernet ports on the NVR.

I'm sure I must have neglected to set something but cant find a manual for this NVR nor firmware.