Hikvision NVR Choice

S1mba

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All.

I am deciding on which Hikvision NVR to purchase. I am based in the UK for reference.

So far I have decided that I want it to record 4 cameras at 4mp and I want it to have POE capabilities for ease of installation. Ideally, I want it to be 8 channels for future proofing.

I am currently considering these however I am open to any alternatives or advice. What is the difference between NI and NXI models? Also what is the difference between "I2" and "K2". I appreciate this request may be replicated from an earlier user so happy for you to point me towards any prior threads.

A further question, what does "1U" and "1.5U" mean?

Thank you for your assistance in advance!

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1U and 1.5U are form factors if you need to rackmount the nvr. If you're asking that means you don't need to worry about it :)

AcuSense NVR is needed only if cameras don't have AcuSense. Personally, I would get cameras with Acusense and regular DS-7608NI-I2/8P. Another recommendation, get one without POE built-in and get a separate POE switch (they're quite cheap). That way ethernet cables from your cameras can terminate at a point where they can be out of sight. That way you'll have freedom to place your NVR where ever you want (living room etc) and connect it to your network via single ethernet cable. Also, I read somewhere that POE version has louder fan to dissipate heat, so that's another pro for going with non-POE variant.