Hikvision not detecting vehicles

Judge11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently installed Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU cameras with a NVR ERI-K104-P4. With line crossing detection, the camera will not trigger an alert on vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors, transport trucks) but will with humans, kids on bikes etc. For a test I set up three different lines with different sensitivity levels (10, 50, 90) and none of them would trigger on a vehicle but would trigger on humans, kids on bikes, etc. I have rebooted the NVR and the alerts still did not trigger. How do I make the camera's trigger on vehicles? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

NVR ERI-K104-P4 Firmware: V3.4.100

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You might need to update the NVR firmware. That and check you've got "Notify Surveilance Centre" ticked on "Linkage Method". I also use Motion and Intrusion detection rather than line crossing and tick the Human and Vehicle boxes. You need to set it up on the camera's webpage logged in on your network to the camera. The NVR won't let you set it up properly- if you're trying to do it that way?

Judge11

n3wb
Reaction score
You might need to update the NVR firmware. That and check you've got "Notify Surveilance Centre" ticked on "Linkage Method". I also use Motion and Intrusion detection rather than line crossing and tick the Human and Vehicle boxes. You need to set it up on the camera's webpage logged in on your network to the camera. The NVR won't let you set it up properly- if you're trying to do it that way?
Thanks for your reply. I believe the NVY firmware is up to date. The "Notify Surveilance Centre" is ticked on "Linkage Method". As for the Human & vehicle boxes, I do not have that option. How do I log into my camera's webpage? My installers has basically ghosted me after doing the install. I tried the camera's default ip address but it did not work. I also found the cameras ip addresses in the NVR but it would not allow me to log into those ip's either.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You log in by hooking a laptop via the NVR lan port. Use Internet Explorer 10 and you need to set the laptop network address to match the NVRs -192.168.1.1 from memory?

Judge11

n3wb
Reaction score
You log in by hooking a laptop via the NVR lan port. Use Internet Explorer 10 and you need to set the laptop network address to match the NVRs -192.168.1.1 from memory?
Thanks for the reply! Is IE 10 the only web browser I can use? I have Mac’s.

Judge11

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I got it. I logged into the NVR via the web browser's ip. I went into Networks>Advanced Settings>Other and Enabled Virtual Host. When I did that I was able to log into the camera via Camera Management. Once I was into the camera the option for human and vehicle was there. Thanks for your help.

On a side note, my installer shared my site to me via Hik-Connect. When I go into Hik-ProConnect it says that the site owner is my installer. I was thinking of resetting my NVR to factory settings and reactivating everything under my own credentials. Would this element my installer from being the site owner? If so is there anything I need to do or write down before doing this? I do not want to be locked out from my cameras.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On a side note, my installer shared my site to me via Hik-Connect. When I go into Hik-ProConnect it says that the site owner is my installer. I was thinking of resetting my NVR to factory settings and reactivating everything under my own credentials. Would this element my installer from being the site owner? If so is there anything I need to do or write down before doing this? I do not want to be locked out from my cameras.
I haven't played around with that on mine, so don't know. Be very careful that you don't lock yourself out by resetting everything.