Hikvision - Noise/Quality Problem - $50 Reward!

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can see the same 'jumping pixels' in that video on the road, as I could see in the videos you posted before, and the one Kroegtijgertje posted. They look exactly the same to me. Am I missing something or are you talking about something different. I think its just normal for these new 4mp cams, it's there on the 3mp too but less pronounced.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can see the same 'jumping pixels' in that video on the road, as I could see in the videos you posted before, and the one Kroegtijgertje posted. They look exactly the same to me. Am I missing something or are you talking about something different
The day video I posted did not show my problem, it was too short and got smoothed out by Youtube when I uploaded it. Honestly, if my cameras looked like what you just posted I would be so happy.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The day video I posted did not show my problem, it was too short and got smoothed out by Youtube when I uploaded it. Honestly, if my cameras looked like what you just posted I would be so happy.
It looked fine to me when I played it, wasn't smoothed and I could see what I thought you were explaining.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looked fine to me when I played it, wasn't smoothed and I could see what I thought you were explaining.
It wasn't present in the video I uploaded for daytime, or at least not even close to the extent that I am seeing. I will get something up tomorrow so you can see what I am seeing.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It wasn't present in the video I uploaded for daytime, or at least not even close to the extent that I am seeing. I will get something up tomorrow so you can see what I am seeing.
Did you remember to change from 360p to a higher res before viewing it on youtube? The video you uploaded looked perfect to me, not smoothed at all, just like I'd expect to see from a 4mp camera.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you remember to change from 360p to a higher res before viewing it on youtube? The video you uploaded looked perfect to me, not smoothed at all, just like I'd expect to see from a 4mp camera.
When i uploaded it to Youtube it said your video is shaky and we have adjusted it. Each time I upload I get a message also saying:

"
We did not recognize the audio format for this file, but we will try to process it anyway"

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just took a night video, you can see it a little at the top, but not fully as I am seeing it during the day:

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I see it, the only thing I find unusual is that the moving noise stops (lets stop calling them pixels cause they aren't pixels!!) . But this may be normal in night time with the 4mp cameras as I haven't seen another sample from someone else.

But the movement you see is perfectly normal. No HD cameras show a perfectly static image, especially at night. In fact I'd say you're video shows less than normal. Take this for example

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I see it, the only thing I find unusual is that the moving noise stops (lets stop calling them pixels cause they aren't pixels!!) . But this may be normal in night time with the 4mp cameras as I haven't seen another sample from someone else.

But the movement you see is perfectly normal. No HD cameras show a perfectly static image, especially at night. In fact I'd say you're video shows less than normal. Take this for example

Your right, I expect to see this at night. But I get this during the day and 10x worse. Like I said, if I had the camera quality you posted earlier I would be so happy.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Watch it again in full screen and full HD and look at the road in the first clip that shows the 4mp camera. It looks worse to me than you've posted in the night video, but still appears normal.

There was also someone who posted clips from their 4mp Dahua cam which I saw the exact same thing on, will try find it. It also has the exact same WDR effect as the Hikvisions so I suspect they use the same internals.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here
Again, watch in full screen and change to max resolution. Look at the red blocks by the fountain.
[h=2][/h]

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

All of my cameras display this noise. Mostly it is barely noticeable in the daylight...but it is always noticeable at night time, especially at night when relying on built-in camera IR for illumination. I crank up the noise reduction and I've come to accept it.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All of my cameras display this noise. Mostly it is barely noticeable in the daylight...but it is always noticeable at night time, especially at night when relying on built-in camera IR for illumination. I crank up the noise reduction and I've come to accept it.
What you wrote is what I am trying to get across "Mostly it is barely noticeable in the daylight" on mine during the day it is 10x worse than my night image and covers the whole screen. I am fine with my night video, I expect it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Be careful with your assumption about the noise, I said the same thing and got called very nasty things. ;)

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Be careful with your assumption about the noise, I said the same thing and got called very nasty things. ;)
Wasn't trying to be nasty with you, just didn't appreciate the invention post. The worst thing is having someone tell you there is no problem when your already frustrated and know there is a problem. Nothing personal, you just caught me on edge.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wasn't trying to be nasty with you, just didn't appreciate the invention post. The worst thing is having someone tell you there is no problem when your already frustrated and know there is a problem. Nothing personal, you just caught me on edge.
Go back to page 5 and watch the video posted by Kroegtijgertje . I can see the noise over the whole image here in day time, but still I think it's normal for these 4mp cams as it's been present on all I've seen.

We really need to see a video of the problem in day time which shows it clearly.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go back to page 5 and watch the video posted by Kroegtijgertje . I can see the noise over the whole image here in day time, but still I think it's normal for these 4mp cams as it's been present on all I've seen.
spixel, my daytime video looks no where near as good as Kroegtijgertje. The problem that I have is not present in his video, I do see the what you think I am describing, but that is not it. Again I would be very happy if my video looked like Kroegtijgertje's.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, well most people find this noise tolerable. In Huisan cam I can actually eliminate by increasing 2d/3d noise reduction but it introduces another issue called ghosting.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alright, well most people find this noise tolerable. In Huisan cam I can actually eliminate by increasing 2d/3d noise reduction but it introduces another issue called ghosting.
I have turned the DNR to 100 and get the ghosting like you said. The noise I get is not decreased by the DNR and jumps about 2mm. It kind of looks like a layer of noise laid on top of the image that moves a lot making the image look distorted and not crisp like the videos posted by spixel and Kroegtijgertje.