Hikvision new software help

korin1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello, some how recording motion detection on local pc does not work.

please help me out here.
since the new software nothing works.

i have download ivms4200 clienct for pc.

i followed the user manual and it didnt worked.

this is what i've done so far

i have installed , server storage on my pc (not sure it was required), added the storage server into my "devices" in the device management. (like adding a new dvr/camera)

formated the whole disk via the "gear" icon in the device managment 2tb (it filled alot of 256mb mp4 files in the drive)
1582137914705.png

i went into maintenance and management , storage schedule
select the dvr and camera i wanted to record via motion detection.
selected camera 1 , enabled "recording on encoding" , selected shcedule tamplate to event tamplate.

on storage on storage server, selected the server storaged.
enabled the recording schedule and selected schedule tamplate even tamplate.
1582137854652.png
saved

went to video event selected camera 1, and made sure motion detection is enabled.
1582137763540.png

to check if the recording worked i disconected myself from the internet and see if i can play back, and i cant.

can some one please explain me from A to Z , all the steps i have to do in ivms4200 to record motion detection automaticly.

thanks

Attachments

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
iVMS-4200's storage server would not be my recommendation for a PC based recorder. If you haven't already, check out Blue Iris. Its superior on many levels.
In my experience the storage server components do not always start on reboot. Windows updates, especially Windows 10, occasionally mess things up too.
If you decide to stick with iVMS-4200 storage server, let me know the camera models (or a couple of them), the specs of the PC and which OS it's running.
I suspect the problem lies with the component services and the cameras not set to alert the control centre. Do you want continuous recording and alerts or just the alerts?
Depending on the camera models there may be other solutions you could try.