Hikvision Motion Detection parallel to continuous recording

Jonn

n3wb
Reaction score
New to hikvision. Recently upgraded from old dviewcam system...

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to use motion detection on cameras in lower traffic areas, and use continuous record on cameras in higher traffic areas on the same NVR. NVR is on 3.1.3, cameras are on 5.2.

The goal is to save space, but still have more footage in higher traffic critical areas. If this is a possibility, would this be set up from the NVR or cameras themselves?

Thanks.

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can definitely do that, the NVR lets you set (for each camera) whether to record continuously or when there's an event (motion, VCA, alarm). You can also set this up on the cameras themselves, but you don't want to do that since the NVR will override the settings.

Jonn

n3wb
Reaction score
You can definitely do that, the NVR lets you set (for each camera) whether to record continuously or when there's an event (motion, VCA, alarm). You can also set this up on the cameras themselves, but you don't want to do that since the NVR will override the settings.
I see that option on the NVR with those choices, but when I change it for one camera it switches it for all of them.

I'm going to Recording Configuration-> Schedule -> "Record" tab: From here I select camera, then change Type from continuous to event. But, like I said it appears to be changing all cameras. I may be missing something blaringly obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonn

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I just realized my blaringly obvious mistake. There is a handy dandy "Add" button which appears to change the recording schedule.