Hikvision -Model DS-2CD2132F-IS -

Reaction score
Model DS-2CD2132F-IS -
Firmware - V5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding - V5.0 build 140714

I am having troubles with a new camera that is not linking i nthe 4200 software. Works fine in the browsers and Ispy.

The 4200 software will not connect to the camera due to a error: "Language mismatch between device and client".

I can connect via Chrome and I have a drop down menu to change to English, but I can tell the camera it self is in Chinese. All my software side appears to be English. Is there a way to configure the hardware to default or always be in English? Or do I just junk the 4200 software?

Appreciate your help.

Lance

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Connect to telnet/ssh.

Run prtHardInfo

What does the Language setting say? 1 or 2?

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No - it means your camera is Chinese region but has hacked language files.

But it's not a very good hack because the OSD day of the week will be Chinese, will only accept Chinese firmware upgrades and not work with devices (e.g. NVRs) or programs (e.g. iVMS) that are International region.

It you need permanent region change you can PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What should we all be looking for when we buy a camera? A specific minimum firmware version?

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you get this working? Just ordered from CCTV Camera China with intentions to use iVMS-4200 server and client.

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you don't upgrade firmware, it will be everything OK!

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same as the above FW, will this cause a problem? I ask cause there are two answers in the post. The day I believe is in Chinese on the screen but time stamp is in English.

Looks like all should be well without tampering with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alejandro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello friends, specially to CBX, I have a DS2CD2135F-IWS camera. It came with V5.3.6_151103 firmware and still has it. I was running iVMS version V2.5.1.7 build 20160830. It was running OK.

But now I got tha camera added an SD card and noticed that the moment I click "events" in the remote configuration mode in order to program recording, the software became unstable and hang up every single time I do it.

I upgraded iVMS software to the latest V2.6.2.6 and the result was worse, the camera became not recognizable and displayed this language alert [err 122 language mismatch].

Then I downgraded the iVMS software to the original V2.5.1.7 but the error remains. I tried to switch the language but didn´t find how.

Now, I cannot connect to the camera, and in the worst case despite having turned all things back to the initial state. Need help please.