Hikvision mini dome audio

bishop20012

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings
I have a few hikvision mini dome cameras; I never enabled the audio until now but I'm not getting sound although the captured clips show a little speaker icon on them like it captured the audio as well. I enabled the audio in the blue iris audio tab. I missing something? Thanks again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model?

Many cameras come with an audio in that allows you to hook a mic up to it but do not have an internal mic.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
According to the spec sheet it has audio.

Make sure the audio is enabled within the camera GUI - many times they come disabled as audio is illegal in some jurisdictions.

bishop20012

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is no enable audio in the camera gui, I can only enable in blue iris. Maybe it's hidden somewhere I'm not seeing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no enable audio in the camera gui, I can only enable in blue iris. Maybe it's hidden somewhere I'm not seeing.
Yes it's hidden in the same tab as the video settings... There's a drop down that says video and when you click on it you get the option for video and audio...

bishop20012

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Found it. Thanks. Very strange wobbly sound from the microphone now that it's enabled. Guessing there are some other settings I need to check out

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of these cameras have trouble with audio. You can try upping the bitrate and turning off the noise filter.

Some cams do better than others, but audio is one area where BI can struggle as it doesn't follow ONVIF standards for the most part.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of these cameras have trouble with audio. You can try upping the bitrate and turning off the noise filter.

Some cams do better than others, but audio is one area where BI can struggle as it doesn't follow ONVIF standards for the most part.
BI picks up camera audio perfectly. It has issues with sending audio to the camera via the mobile app but not PC.

bishop20012

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the camera settings I see an
Environmental Noise Filter set to Off.
Should this be set to on?

bishop20012

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So it's live audio sending to the android app you say, but in a captured recording it will pick up audio ok?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So it's live audio sending to the android app you say, but in a captured recording it will pick up audio ok?
No you misread. Audio FROM the camera will always be the same as if you use a browser or hik app. Audio TO the camera (not supported in your camera anyways without a speaker and amp) is where the BI app has some trouble with breakup.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got a Hik DS-2CD2385G1-I since it has the 8mp with 1/2" sensor with IR. Definity don't like the web gui. Can't tweak the settings as much as the Andy cam (Dahua). It shows a sub stream in settings but not in BI. BI shows the green speaker lighting up but I'm not getting any sound. Can't find audio setting in the gui, tried but no drop down in the video/audio settings. Can't get it on my dauha nvr.

paulpeter

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got a Hik DS-2CD2385G1-I since it has the 8mp with 1/2" sensor with IR. Definity don't like the web gui. Can't tweak the settings as much as the Andy cam (Dahua). It shows a sub stream in settings but not in BI. BI shows the green speaker lighting up but I'm not getting any sound. Can't find audio setting in the gui, tried but no drop down in the video/audio settings. Can't get it on my dauha nvr.
this is no Audio mic in this model:

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Crap, well I just saw this thing doesn't have a mic, my bad:rolleyes: