Hikvision LPR DS-2CD4A26FWD - many plates problem

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a Hikvision LPR camera DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P
I have set it up and it gives a great picture and I've set up and tested the LPR function and got that working fine so it triggers well.
It claims it will do up to 2048 plates in the blacklist/whitelist. It says that on the page where you import your list.
But I can't get it to accept more than 34 plates.
I want to put in 166 at the moment. Tried it with 100, 50, 40, 39, 38, 37, 36, 35 and every time I import the excel file it gives an error "incorrect file format". But if cut back to 34 plates, it accepts it. It also likes 10 plates.
I have ensured I have no spaces or small letters in the number plates (because that supposedly can cause problems).
I've formatted all of the excel fields as "text" (because that's what you have to do apparently).
I have tried saving as different types of excel files, such as xlsx, xlm and xls in case that made a different. It only likes xls. But it won't load a file containing more than 34 plates.
I have tried using third party xls software called WPS to make the file, I've also tried using authentic Microsoft excel. It makes no difference.
Does anyone know how to import more than 34 plates?
Best, Edward

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try arase list, add 2 plates by hand and export list.
Show this list
Try add diff paltes & save to xls format and then import.
Maybe strange symbol code or...

Othe way.
Export your configfile & share it with 34 plates.

P.S.
Show screenshot with import error