Hikvision IP DHCP Issue

Dumebi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have attached my network diagramDHCP Issue Updated.jpg
I experience a problem whenever there's a power outage on my network. When the power is restored, the IP Cameras (34 of them) cannot get IPs from the Router/DHCP Server (and end up on APIPA) until I reboot the Hikvision POE Switches once more and sometimes also have to reboot some cameras individually one by one before everything is back to normal.
The NVRs which are connected directly to a Cisco Switch have no issues as you'll see in the screenshot from the SADP. NVRs are able to get IP from the 192.168.38.0 network.
IP Hikvision.PNG
PS: I do have plans to install a power backup supply (inverter/UPS) but I want to get to the bottom of this problem in the meantime

Thanks for your help. :)

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Dumebi
Welcome to IP Camera Talk

Sounds like the equipment is back up on power before your DHCP is.

We have that issue in the office with certain printers, the network has to up and running before the printer. But the printer boots up quicker than the backend.

Some UPS have the capability to place a time delay on the start up of the equipment plugged into them. We use Eaton 5PX 1500 Rack Mount.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
get IP from the 192.168.38.0 network.
I assume this was a typo?, The screen shot shows .39

Why are your cameras set to dhcp?, I would say best practice is to set the addresses to static.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use fixed IP addresses.

I agree with 58chev, your problem probably comes from the cameras booting up faster than your switches/all of your network, so by the time they request an IP they are still unable to contact your Zyxel router.