hikvision ip cam best cam settings

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi guys i have a hikvision 7608 nvr with 4 off 4mp mini domes 3 off 4mp turrets and a 4mp cube cam just wondering what would you you set them all at to have them running there best for remote viewing also recording to the nvr as i currently have them set at :

Stream Type: main stream normal
Video Type : video stream
Resolution : 2688*1520
Bitrate Type : varaible
Video Quality : highest
Frame Rate fps : 20
Max. Bitrate Kbps : 1520
Max. Average Bitrate Kbps : 2488
Video Encoding : H264
H.264+ : ON
Profile : main profile
I Frame Interval: 50
SVC : off

Stream Type :substream
Video Type : video stream
Resolution :640*360
Bitrate Type : varaible
Video Quality : medium
Frame Rate fps : 20
Max. Bitrate :1024

Video Encoding :h264
Profile :main profile
I Frame Interval :50
SVC : off

all 8 cameras are set the same and not really having much of a clue i was hoping someone with better knowledge could just cast there eye over my setting to see if i could improve them at all ,not really having any issues just wondering if there right thats all many thanks

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
You can up your max bit rate see photos
Also match your I-frame rate interval to your frame rate
Read up on variable bit rate vs constant bit Rates
I keep mine on vbs
Do these settings in the camera web GUI too and go back and check on the nvr web GUI that the settings have taken if not adjust them there too
Also with these settings there is a schedule switch as you might have a good
Day time setting if on auto but seems bad at night
Switch that to scheduled switch and adjust the day- night exposure settings
Just tinker with the settings you can really break anything
With sub stream test your settings off your lan if using a remote view on your phone
Not sure if you have audio set up but I usually use with on board mics G.722.1
Noise filter usually off for outside but that’s up too your own preference

Attachments

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thankyou for your help I've have a mess tommorrow after work on those settings much appreciated

tim jackson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive noticed since i added my eight camera to the nvr my second cam takes ages sometimes times out on ivms and only noticed tonight its loading up in clear not fluent like the other 7 cams ,any ideas what ive done :) pritty sure i just plugged it in cant remember changing any settings

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
ive noticed since i added my eight camera to the nvr my second cam takes ages sometimes times out on ivms and only noticed tonight its loading up in clear not fluent like the other 7 cams ,any ideas what ive done :) pritty sure i just plugged it in cant remember changing any settings
Camera 2 that’s loading up in clear and not fluent is this on your phone app when away from your lan?
If it is
load it up turn your phone horizontally you will see some icons the square one tap that it will show clear fluent and custom tap fluent then your off site view will be set to fluent in the custom mode you can adjust the frames and bandwidth too.
But if you are on your lan you should be able to run these at all clear
Have a look in the web GUI for the nvr that setting that says shortest delay or balanced tick shortest delay if you have under the virtual host button flow control tick that too
If you have any switch gear in your set up make sure it’s all gigabit I had once an older switch it used to give me all sorts of lagging problems
Also some times a simple reboot the nvrs via there web GUI and cameras can clear up things
I had some audio issues on one cam once gave it a reboot and it was perfect saved me pulling the camera down or chasing the mic wires

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can up your max bit rate see photos
Also match your I-frame rate interval to your frame rate
Read up on variable bit rate vs constant bit Rates
I keep mine on vbs
Do these settings in the camera web GUI too and go back and check on the nvr web GUI that the settings have taken if not adjust them there too
Also with these settings there is a schedule switch as you might have a good
Day time setting if on auto but seems bad at night
Switch that to scheduled switch and adjust the day- night exposure settings
Just tinker with the settings you can really break anything
With sub stream test your settings off your lan if using a remote view on your phone
Not sure if you have audio set up but I usually use with on board mics G.722.1
Noise filter usually off for outside but that’s up too your own preference
Holy crap you put the gain 90 to 100 at night that has to have tons of noise . Exposure time seems low too, just my opinion I’m guessing you like the settings you have.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy crap you put the gain 90 to 100 at night that has to have tons of noise . Exposure time seems low too, just my opinion I’m guessing you like the settings you have.
that camera looking at the car above the garage is a DS-2CD2752F-I(Z)(S): i leave it on auto switch the night view is clear as a bell will post a shot of it tonight with it
as there is that much ir light looking out into that drive way
there are two turrets above that plus one ptz
plus one mini dome to the front of that camera
then two other mini domes on the fence painted black i am still trying to kill these little domes they get hosed with water every second day this will be the third summer now and still running strong and we hit temps up to 48c
that is probably why the mini hikvision ptz with no ir works ok out there in one area there are 8 cameras

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
i always use to read all the stuff network camera critic on his blog when he was alive
his blogs are really good to get a base to start tweaking that page you seen was when you click on schedule switching it opens up at 100%
i run all mine on auto switching and find some cameras the exposure gain is good at 70% dnr 25-30 it all depends on the camera and its placement with exposure time i run at 1/25 on most

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Night shot of that camera
A still image means nothing, I can buy a 30.00 dollar camera and get a good still image without motion, but once someone is actually in the photo moving their is blur because of the low exposure time is, not to mention the high gain, which makes even more noise in the photo. My opinion is there is still no need for that much gain/exposure (fake lighting) get a spotlight if the image is to dark and lower the gain. The zoom is good looks to be maybe 5 ft of area . Again no need for those settings . I don’t no seems to be a waste to me,not really doing anything specially if you have other cameras in the same area. Can you even get a Face ID with those settings I’m guessing not .

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes gets a good face shot and no motion blur
Are you referring to 1/3 100% it don’t run at that exposure
That photo was a reference as when you open up that setting it defaults to those settings

Attachments

Last edited: