Hikvision IP Cam, 2 way audio possible?

Reaction score
My Hikvision NVR and Hik network cams have been working non stop for the last couple of years and overall pleased with the set-up. However, one thing I would like is 2 way audio with the camera on the drive, is this possible. The current camera's in use are DS-2CD2042 x 6 connected to a 8 port hik NVR.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Hikvision NVR and Hik network cams have been working non stop for the last couple of years and overall pleased with the set-up. However, one thing I would like is 2 way audio with the camera on the drive, is this possible. The current camera's in use are DS-2CD2042 x 6 connected to a 8 port hik NVR.
They would need to have this feature, and looking at your cams, they don't even appear to have a mic.
So that'd be a deal breaker.

Reaction score
That might be a problem..lol. On that note, any recommendations on a camera that would be compatible with the 2-way audio feature?

Reaction score
Never heard of Dahua until now, will need to do some research on them. Looks a very popular brand on here.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do Dahua cameras work on Hikvision NVR?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks looney2, if I had only Dahua cameras would a Dahua NVR be better than BI?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have an audio in jack on your recorder, you can always just run an external mic close to your camera. Audio out will require an amp and a horn or some sort of speaker.