Hikvision install (DS-2CD2542FWD-I/2.8 DS-2CD2332-I IR 2.8/DS-2DE5220I-AE)

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I finally started with the installation of the cameras.

it took me a while to find the time, and than to colour them, and than to get help with mounting.

First 2 are installed now:

DS-2CD2332-I IR turret on the hikvision turret box installed on the house wall facing the garden with the gate which is our only entrance. Other side is only water.

DS-2CD2542FWD-I on outside wall overlooking our private parking space

The DS-2DE5220I-AE is not yet mounted, the ladder was to short to mount it on the desired height.

Update: 5220 is installed also.

It took some effort, it is about 7.5 meter high.

Bad closeup of the ptz (scared of height and taken with iphone)

Sorry it is turned 90 degrees..
if you click it it expands to full image at defcon5 host and it shows correctly on my ipad there.

It is just to give an idea how the tube not fits the hikvision mount. There is a only 60% round cutout in the mount for a 19mm tube, but you have to find a way to fit it there. The foam at the back forms a bit to the wall, but is not thick enough to make up for the missing 40% of the 19mm pipe.
if i would have known i would haven bought the version with back box.

i put plasti dip on the DS-2CD2332-I and the DS-2DE5220I-AE so the have same colour as the frames of the windows and doors. It was bit of a guess, but gunmetal grey turned out just fine (RAL 7012)
The cat6 wires run in 19 mm tubes (3/4 inch) on house wall behind the rain pipe and the sun screen.
From house to the barn in the garden under ground. House entry is also under ground.
wires come up in the what we call meterkast (cupboard where the gas, water and electricity enter the house) there it will be connected with jack socket in 19" distribution panel to patch to POe enabled switch.

The DS-2DE5220I-AE needs more power than my switches can supply, so has own 60 watt converter.

vision from about the ptz position looks good for me:

Left side view (iphone image)

Right side view (iphone image)

Front view (iphone image)

I am awaiting cable termination to watch actual images from camera's.

will update post once install goes further

edit: defcon5 has lost all my normal images, so clicking these small ones brings you not to larger ones any more. Will search for other hoster

Last edited by a moderator:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All the cabels are ok, the camera's are working. Now i have to connect an monitor to the NVR to set it up and put the camera's in the correct direction, and set up the motion alarms or cross the line alarms.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And now I have images:

DS-2DE5220I-AE

DS-2CD2542FWD-I

This is all with default settings.
last picture has day mode in the night because of the amount of light of the street llight.

Last edited by a moderator:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thx, yes i like the car and hope to keep it like it is.
As i can count the street stones, i have good hope i will get some good picture if something is happening.

Now i have to solve the issues with the vca alerts/events in my NVR.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thx, yes i like the car and hope to keep it like it is.
As i can count the street stones, i have good hope i will get some good picture if something is happening.

Now i have to solve the issues with the vca alerts/events in my NVR.
Had to smile when I read "meterkast"...