HikVision HQ Mobile Apps: Which One?

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HikVision HQ has 7 mobile apps listed. Which one is appropriate?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=HIKVISION+HQ

iVMS-4500, 4500 HD, 5060, 5060 V3.3.0, 5200, 4520 or Hik-Connect?

This is Android of course, as I have an Android phone. I don't know what the Apple app store equivalent looks like.

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a new Hik NVR on the way and decided to check out one of the apps listed on your list. Based on reviews, I downloaded Hik-Connect on my iPhone. I decided to browse through the Terms of Service before signing up for the service. I came upon a section that stated that Hikvision reserved the right to share/use/etc my content. Ummm, no thanks. App deleted. Just a heads-up!

Last edited by a moderator:

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is interesting an unacceptable. In the came vein, I also noted the phone permissions required:

- Device and app history
- Phone status and identify
- Photos and media apps
- Read contents of USB storage
- Take pictures and videos
- Record audio
- power device on or off
- read Home settings and shortcuts
- control vibration
- view network connections
- read Google service configuration
- control flashlight
- Call information
- Disable screen lock
- Full network usage
- Disconnect / Reconnect to wi-fi
- Prevent device from sleeping
- GPS location
- close other apps
- modify system settings
- draw over other apps
- change system display settings
- use accounts on the device
- allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception
- uninstall shortcuts
- change your audio settings

WHAT!!!!????

A remote access app has no business recording my audio, taking videos, copying my photos, etc. etc. HikVision equipment is a paid for product and the company should not be in the business of spying on it's customers, which is the only reason I can see them wanting these phone permissions.

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IVMS-4500 is for smartphones (android and Iphone) and IVMS-4500HD is for tablets. I wouldn't use any of the others.

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IVMS-4500 is for smartphones (android and Iphone) and IVMS-4500HD is for tablets. I wouldn't use any of the others.
Hi! I've installed this app on my iPAD. When I click on the "square", the clear, balanced, fluent & custom buttons are greyed out. On my mobile phone, the "square" doesn't even work! Should I have not installed iVMS-4500HD on the android phone?

Regards

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi! I've installed this app on my iPAD. When I click on the "square", the clear, balanced, fluent & custom buttons are greyed out. On my mobile phone, the "square" doesn't even work! Should I have not installed iVMS-4500HD on the android phone?
Do not use iVMS-4500 HD, it is very outdated. iVMS-4500 is the app to use.
If you can not change the stream in both iPad and mobile, the problem might be with the device; does it actually have dual stream? Can you change the stream when you access it with web browser, with the same account?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do not use iVMS-4500 HD, it is very outdated. iVMS-4500 is the app to use.
If you can not change the stream in both iPad and mobile, the problem might be with the device; does it actually have dual stream? Can you change the stream when you access it with web browser, with the same account?
Hi Securame, I'm using 4500 on my android phone. Choosing "clear" results in error 8200. How can I tell if my phone or ipad can handle "dual stream"?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Securame, I'm using 4500 on my android phone. Choosing "clear" results in error 8200. How can I tell if my phone or ipad can handle "dual stream"?
It should, I would say; I do not think there is any device that does not support it. I think you said that the "square" was disabled?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It should, I would say; I do not think there is any device that does not support it. I think you said that the "square" was disabled?
On my Motorola Moto G (2nd Generation) I have iVMS-4500; just tried to view choosing "clear". It worked, then when I switched cameras it came up with error 8200. On my iPAD, I originally used 4500 HD which worked but with the quality square greyed out. I've now got 4500, just tried that and clear is working, but the viewing screen is only filling half the ipad screen. Can't see any way to fill the screen. Would this be a setting on the ipad somewhere?

Gwladok5

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my Motorola Moto G (2nd Generation) I have iVMS-4500; just tried to view choosing "clear". It worked, then when I switched cameras it came up with error 8200. On my iPAD, I originally used 4500 HD which worked but with the quality square greyed out. I've now got 4500, just tried that and clear is working, but the viewing screen is only filling half the ipad screen. Can't see any way to fill the screen. Would this be a setting on the ipad somewhere?
picture attachedIMG_20160613_220305279_HDR.jpg

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No idea, I don't have an ipad.

iVMS-4500 HD has not been updated for ages. It used to make sense when iVMS-4500 was more limited, to only 4 streams, etc. iVMS-4500 was for small resolution screens, iVMS-4500 was for high resolution screens. iVMS-4500 has improved over the years, and my guess is that Hikvision has stopped all development on iVMS-4500 HD (last version on Android is from april 2015).