Hikvision HD-DVR availability: very silly question.

Reaction score
Feel free to kick me if I am missing something very obvious.

On their North America/English site, I can't find an HD-SDI DVR. On the Spanish site, I can. Is there a reason for this, for Hikvision to not market those particular products on their North American site?

I work with IP cameras unless dealing with a building that has existing wiring and absolutely no desire to upgrade, but in those cases, it's 1080p analog cameras/HD-SDI or I won't take the job at all. I don't "promise" it as high definition but it's always a nice bonus when the existing wiring will actually support a good picture. :)

Is it something like Fluke multimeters where there is some lack of certification for the 15B to be retailed in America, or is it just lack of motivation for them to market it here? I think this is a really nice product unless I am missing something dumb. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@l.a.rossmann Louis, dont know why they dont market it directly in the US. Companies that rebrand hikvision do sell the hikvision TVI and SDI solutions. http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/ they dont list the SDI, but if you search sdi in the box you will see the cams.
Still enjoying your youtube channel!

Reaction score
So on Hikvision HD-SDI stuff, I think I finally have an idea what's going on with this. :)

I bought a DVR from one local company,surveillance-video.com. Just incase that didn't show up, I also bought it from aliexpress. The aliexpress person told me they have one and that it is out of stock, with 1 month or more lead time. I politely cancel and they refund. The local place,surveillance-video.com, says it will ship in two days. They ignored all emails and would say it would ship in two days on the phone.Every time I called, for three weeks, they would say it is shipping in two days. I bought it on July 28th. Two weeks ago I filed a paypal claim when it never shipped. They shipped it after I made it clear I no longer wanted it.

For cameras, same deal. aliexpresspeople, I bought from two separate vendors - both were all out of Hikvision HD-SDI and couldn't fulfill, but told me immediately and provided instant refund. 123securityproducts.com never picked up the phone, ignored every live chat, ignored every email, and after three weeks I PayPal claimed it and got a refund.

I called a guy at supercircuits.com andasked him, is HD-SDI a unicorn? Does anyone make this shit? geovisionhas HD-SDI cards that are discontinued, and every vendor that claims to beable to ship same day or in 4-6 days cannot ship and is scared toanswer the phone or email about it. Does this product actually exist?

the supercircuits.com guy could be full of it, but I trust him since he recommended a like-solution that worked amazingly well. He said that the HD-SDI stuff either due to patents or licensing or something else wasn't going to be produced much more by Hikvision and that most are moving onto HD-TVI because there is nothing like that attached. He pointed me to some stuff thatI figured would be complete trash because of how cheap it was. I was stunned when I received it and it worked amazingly well.. some alibicameras and DVR, five cameras and a DVR that altogether came out to under $700, and worked perfectly. Next business day everything arrived... no excuses, no 1 month lead time, no “it'll be there in2 days” that turns into 3 weeks to a month. Just showed up one business day later.

Long story short, if you are lookingfor Hikvision HD-SDI products, I have tried four different vendors.Only one was able to ship the product and that was a full month afterordering it. None of these vendors have a clue. Hikvision makesamazing stuff, but avoid the HD-SDI unless you are ok never knowingif and when you will receive anything.

I don't work for supercircuits.com orhave any affiliation for them. I am just used to getting ripped offperiodically :) So when I finally get what I pay for I feel it's worth mentioning, and I like helping others avoid the misery I go through by sharing the information. I still have a lot to learn. Building a vendors list isn't easy. and like with what I do now, sadly, the only way to grow a list of trusted vendors vs. vendors that will make you look like an idiot is to buy from them all.