Hikvision DVR's

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So I'm looking at this one for an install: DS-9616NI-ST, it states,

Network interface 2, 10M / 100M / 1000M self-adaptive Ethernet interface
Network bandwidth Up to 40Mbps input, 40Mbps output, up to 128 network streams

So if it has a gigabit NIC, and it's full duplex, my network knowledge would tell me you should get 1,000 mbps minus network overhead in each direction, so why do they list 40? Either they are retarded or they are trying to make you think you need a bigger box then you need? Does anyone have any experience with the software on these? I finished my quote using this box, now I'm going to try and find a rackmount server equivalent to load blue iris on and do a seperate quote that uses all the same stuff but blue iris as the DVR instead of hikvision.

pcmcg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My guess is the reported bandwidth is what is actually measured with the system in full operation, not just the network. Other considerations are RAM size and speed, CPU speed, interconnection bus speed, hard disk speed, etc ...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My guess is the reported bandwidth is what is actually measured with the system in full operation, not just the network. Other considerations are RAM size and speed, CPU speed, interconnection bus speed, hard disk speed, etc ...

Nevermind, I have decided after some research I am going to use the windows software raid with ReFS and dynamic disks, apparently the performance loss is very negligible these days, and it has many advantages over hardware raid, DONE.

Last edited by a moderator: