Hikvision ds7608ni-e2/p/a shutdown issue

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have got rid of the NVR 7608ni se /p. I'm having issue on my 7608ni e2 now for emails. Will try downgrading
Oh yeah, sorry @Samee got confused.

v3.3.4 is the way ahead. Did your NVR ship with v3.4.0 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There was 3.0.10 on there originally it was working fine but when I did a playback where there say was a block of blue on my iPad as a recordin, it started to freeze on there then jump every few seconds. So it wasn't fluent, Then there was the abnormal shutdown not as often as my 7608ni se, so decided to update which I regret, but will eventually will try downgrading as advised. I don't want to do it in the night then if something does happen and I cannot fix it I'm stuffed.

i will get around to do it soon and keep you updated.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It came with 3.0.10 ? Is it definitely a NI and not an N? Just that firmware is a over year old.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It came with 3.0.10 ? Is it definitely a NI and not an N? Just that firmware is a over year old.
Just checked the box and recorder version is ds-7608NI-E2/8P/A firmware version was 3.0.10 build 141126

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Del Boy

I have managed to successfully downgrade, only issue now is there is no attachments via motion or smart detection at all

firmware version downgraded to 3.3.4

help!!!!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Del Boy

I have managed to successfully downgrade, only issue now is there is no attachments via motion or smart detection at all

firmware version downgraded to 3.3.4

help!!!!
That's odd because v3.3.4 fixed that from v3.3.2

You do have screenshot ticked? Smart Detection has never sent a screenshot for me before, I thought that was normal.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did check over and over again and it was ticked. I did restart it several times as before a recorder would not send any emails, once it was restarted it gradually sent some. On this occasion tho it was ticked and just emails with no attachments. I used to get intrusion detected but was getting instead traverse pane in the subject emails.

i have reverted it back to what was originally on there and seems to be stable with email attatchments. May be something went wrong with the downgrade at some point.

Do do you think I should give it another attempt considering nobody else has had issues?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine works fine still. Might be worth trying v3.4.1 which is now out. The fact that v3.4.0 has been replaced so quickly is usually an indication of a major bug, but then we already knew that!

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I remember correctly after I upgraded to 3.4.1 my smart event emails did not come though with attatchmentsat all. Seems not good testing is being done before being published which is a shame as the camera quality etc is quite good, can't say that about their support though

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I remember correctly after I upgraded to 3.4.1 my smart event emails did not come though with attatchmentsat all. Seems not good testing is being done before being published which is a shame as the camera quality etc is quite good, can't say that about their support though
Firmware has never been a Hikvision strong point.

Camera quality is good but not amazing. The software is the only issue I would use Hikvision over other brands. But I feel they are all catching up.

Reaction score
DS-7608NI-E2 V3.4.1
2 or 3 "abnormal shutdown" events daily.

Downgraded from V3.4.1 to V3.3.4 a week ago.
Zero "abnormal shutdown" events after that.:)

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol was just replying to the other thread and you replied to this haha

I originally had a ds7608ni se model abnormal shutdown everyday, exchanged it for a ds7608ni e2/8p/a model weirdly still did it. So got me thinking it would be power or a hdd problem, although I did try another power source and different hdd it still occurred. Upgraded from 3.0.10 to 3.4.1 it seemed to mess up email notification with no attachments although attachments was selected and still abnormal shutdowns. Decided to downgrade back to 3.0.10, did not give any abnormal shutdowns although straight after doing this I added a nas to the network. So cctv recordings save there and to date it has not gone off at all.

Its been well over a month so I am not upgrading the NVR at all.

Seems to be a firmware issue where it does not install properly well that's my thoughts.