Hikvision ds7608ni-e2/p/a shutdown issue

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys I had an old Hikvision Nvr ds7698ni se/p, had many issues so ended up retuning it. Replaced with ds7608ni-e2/p/a this one like the old model is also doing abnormal shutdowns, I have changed the hdd on the old Nvr and it was still doing it. I disconnected a few cameras and it still did it.

what shall I do as I'm at a point where even a new Nvr is doing this so I'm completely confused now at what might be causing the issue.

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What version firmware is on your unit ?

I purchased ones of these last week and I'm having a litany of problems with v3.4 of the firmware on the same model. When I check the playback I see gaps where the unit has shutdown on all 6 cams on and off throughtout the night

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi the firmware is V3.0.10 build 141126 this was the original that came with the Nvr. Every thing seems fine besides the abnormal shutdown issue so don't want to upgrade unless there are good features or fixes for issues I'm having.

Have you you checked the log section? Via the browser connect to your Nvr, select logs, right hand side select major type as operation then minor type as local abnormal shutdown. If something appears there then your having the same issue as me.

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi the firmware is V3.0.10 build 141126 this was the original that came with the Nvr. Every thing seems fine besides the abnormal shutdown issue so don't want to upgrade unless there are good features or fixes for issues I'm having.

Have you you checked the log section? Via the browser connect to your Nvr, select logs, right hand side select major type as operation then minor type as local abnormal shutdown. If something appears there then your having the same issue as me.
Yes, I've got 6 of them in the last 2 days listed in the logs. No time pattern, all completely random. I'm using firmware v3.4.0 build 150929

My version also doesn't send email alerts which others on the forum are starting to confirm also.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could try redoing the update I had to do this once when I was updating the firmware and there was a power cut just in case it did not complete in time.

What hdd are you using? What's your setup? What frame rates, resolution etc are you using?

im just trying to see if there is any pattern with your system and mine so we can narrow the scope down

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My supplier has confirmed they were able to replicate this and have other customers reporting the same. They have reported to Hikvision who are investigating and hopefully working on a fix.

No ETA when fix will be released however but I'm hoping soon as I had 8 disconnects today.

I'm using 2 x WD Purple NV 4Tb drives, 6 x 3MP cams @ 20fps, and a 48port PoE ubiquiti switch.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I contacted Hikvision about the same issue for a Hikvision ds7608ni-se/p and they said the same. They said a fix will be issued but no time frame. After a few months an update was issued and did not resolve the issue, they could not say if it was a software issue or hardware issue. To be honest they just said do an RMA, after which I purchased a 7608ni-e2 a new model and you guessed it same issue again.

hopefully whoever gave you the details is right and they actually fix this once and for all.

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi I contacted Hikvision about the same issue for a Hikvision ds7608ni-se/p and they said the same. They said a fix will be issued but no time frame. After a few months an update was issued and did not resolve the issue, they could not say if it was a software issue or hardware issue. To be honest they just said do an RMA, after which I purchased a 7608ni-e2 a new model and you guessed it same issue again.

hopefully whoever gave you the details is right and they actually fix this once and for all.
v3.4.1 was just released and it doesn't address the Abnormal Shutdowns, my unit continues to shutdown 4-7 times a day.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
v3.0.8 is a very stable release

Try removing your HDD and unplug all cameras to see if it still shutsdown. If not, then replug HDD, test, replug one camera, test, etc etc.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
v3.0.8 is a very stable release

Try removing your HDD and unplug all cameras to see if it still shutsdown. If not, then replug HDD, test, replug one camera, test, etc etc.
Have updated the nvr yesterday and my smart detections emails have completely stopped and not have received any. Any body know how to downgrade?

How will you know if it did an abnormal shutdown if there is no HDD? I'm sure you need an HDD in there so it can save the logs to it

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi i have tried the downgrade via TFTP and it said something along the lines of unable to connect client.

i tried it a few times and no luck.

am i doing something wrong?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi i have tried the downgrade via TFTP and it said something along the lines of unable to connect client.

i tried it a few times and no luck.

am i doing something wrong?
Have you set your IP address to 192.0.0.128 ?

If so, send a screenshot of TFTP across.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i set the ip of the computer to 192.0.0.128 downloaded the 3.3.4 firmware and placed it into thr TFTP folder.
i shutdown the nvr
started the software up
switched the nvr on and it did give the ip of 192.0.0.64

unfortunately i am not there now so i am unable to take a screenshot

what could i try?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You might just need to leave it for 15 minutes. I've had it say can't connect and then 15 minutes later I find out it has updated it.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok will give that a go later.

where did you get the TFTP software from?

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks is this for the hikvision cameras or Nvrs as well? the posts mention cameras frequently and not NVRs

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks is this for the hikvision cameras or Nvrs as well? the posts mention cameras frequently and not NVRs
Yes this one works for NVRs too. Does sound like you need to RMA your NVR though based on post (1)

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have got rid of the NVR 7608ni se /p. I'm having issue on my 7608ni e2 now for emails. Will try downgrading