Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 Password Locked

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 (North American Version)
SW: V3.3.4 build 150811

This DVR was picked up from a warehouse closing out. Access to the setup menu is locked (of course). I have two DS-7608NI-E2 units that I already have TTL to USB converter set up on so I am familiar with using TFTP and Putty to load firmware to reset the lock code. Looking at the main board of the DS-7716NI-SP I do not see anywhere to connect the TTL to USB converter. Has anyone connected a converter to this unit. Is there another way to load firmware or reset the lock code? Any help will be much appreciated.

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: It seems that the RS232 port on the back of the NVR actually works and allows access to Uboot. I was able to upgrade the firmware from V3.3.4 to V3.4.5 however the Password did not reset and I am still locked out. I will try to load the new firmware one more time to see if it will reset the password.

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Update #2: Loading an older firmware version V3.3.1 for EU/World reset the password and allowed setting a new password. If interested I can write up a detailed account of what I did, for future reference.

Reaction score
Update #2: Loading an older firmware version V3.3.1 for EU/World reset the password and allowed setting a new password. If interested I can write up a detailed account of what I did, for future reference.
Hi,
My DVR 104G-F1 was locked. The default password admin/12345 does not working. Yours story can help me understand, how to reset the password.
thx.